Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Environment Variables in Qlik Sense - Dynamic Path to data

Hello All,

Can we define variables and use them for dynamically deciding the path for data extract in Qlik Sense Desktop?

The following works on QlikView:

https://crm.zoho.com/crm/private/xml/$(pTable)/getRecords?authtoken=$(vAuth)&newFormat=1&scope=crmap...)] (XmlSimple, Table is [response/result/$(pTable)/row/FL]);

I want to be able to put table names and other variables in the Data path.

Thanks,

Saurabh Pandit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael,

Thanks for your help.Thanks Jagan for pointing the question to you.

I am aware of the Server side Legacy mode settings. I wanted to try and implement it in Desktop mode.

What I currently do is create qvds in QlikView and then import into Sense.
I wanted to reload data directly in Qlik Sense app which I should be able to do now by using the server only.

There seems no option to do it via legacy mode in Desktop.

Though it is not much of a problem as App development can seamlessly be done on the server.

Cheers,

Saurabh Pandit

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Saurabh,

May be Michael Tarallo helps you on this.

Regards,

Jagan.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Saurabh - (Jagan thanks for bringing this to our attention)

This is possible if you disable Standard mode - documentation here:

It looks like you were attempting to use the Web File data connection and then populate the URL field with the URL you put in the original post. This WILL NOT WORK - with the default data connection mode. If you disable standard mode, YOU CAN USE the variables - but you need to put the connection  information in the script - JUST LIKE YOU WOULD when using QlikView.

As in:

LOAD @1,

@2,

@3,

@4,

@5,

@6

FROM

[http://www.mockaroo.com/1cd849d0/download?count=1000&key=0a1dac60]

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

let us know how you do

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Saurabh,

You can achieve it by disabling standard mode (=enabling legacy mode). Please refer to the following URL:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/online/Subsystems/WorkingWith/Content/LoadData/DisableStandardMode...

Masaki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael,

Thanks for your help.Thanks Jagan for pointing the question to you.

I am aware of the Server side Legacy mode settings. I wanted to try and implement it in Desktop mode.

What I currently do is create qvds in QlikView and then import into Sense.
I wanted to reload data directly in Qlik Sense app which I should be able to do now by using the server only.

There seems no option to do it via legacy mode in Desktop.

Though it is not much of a problem as App development can seamlessly be done on the server.

Cheers,

Saurabh Pandit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just a note worth mentioning in relation to someone facing similar issues.

Sometimes the client may have different groups accessing the same app and then need to refresh from separate data sources. We would typically use variables in similar situation.
You can explore applying the new rule based security to data connections via the server to solve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Saurabh Pandit

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Saurab,

Can you share me the demo app that showing how to fetch data from ZOHO CRM.

I just need the code i mean how to Fetch table. Example LEAD Table.

Thanks & Regards,

Arsal

Not applicable
Author

Hi Surabh,

I am facing data fetching issue while fetching data from Zoho CRM. Can you please share the code for fetching data from Leads table.

Thanks & Regards,

Arsal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just posted a worked example pulling Potentials data using a custom view.  You can adapt this for leads.  ZOHO API with Qlik REST Connector and table transpose

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Better to pass the variables to the REST Connector like this.

WITH CONNECTION (

QUERY "param1" "$(param1)",

QUERY "param2" "$(param2)"

);

There's a full worked example here: ZOHO API with Qlik REST Connector and table transpose