Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tableau vs Qlik Sense

Hello everyone!

Could someone help me to compare two products: Tableau and Qlik Sence (some technical aspects, methods of analisys, maps etc.)

Thank in advance!

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Julia

Qlik has 2 products:

QlikView and Qlik Sense.

QlikView is our proven flagship product which can deliver customized BI applications (which we call guided analytics) and data visualization capabilities along with the components to scale and manage a BI environment.

Qlik Sense is our new vision for the next generation of Data Discovery and Self-Service Data Visualization. It to provides data analysis capabilities similar to QlikView but uses a different paradigm for development, design and deployment. It also lends itself to the most novice of users, anyone can use it. We present a weekly getting started Webinar on Thursdays at 2 PM EST - please register if you would like to learn more:

Updated link Getting started with Qlik Sense Desktop

In regards to Qlik Sense vs. Tableau - I would suggest you talk to one of our team members so we can identify your needs and fit. You should also contact Tableau and inquire with them, so they can give you a fair and balanced opinion.

You can see the product immediately in action here:

New to Qlik Sense Videos

There is also some similiar posts in the community on this topic here: http://community.qlik.com/message/654024#654024 - if you search for Qlik Sense and Tableau - you should see a few that may help.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Thank you for replying!

I'm interested in Qlik Sense so how I can contact someone from your team? I would like to answer this questions:

1) As I understood Qlik Sense possible to use as a guided analytics (like QlikView) but also as self-service one (like Tableau). But some objects from QlikView skipped in Qlik Sense (as I read it is possible to create them so what knowledge should have developer for it).

2) Does Qlik Sense provide any APIs, if yes where I can find any examples? 

3) Is it possible to have real-time analysis (direct connect)?

4) Qlik Sense geo-functions - how should data look like and possible visualization (probably we also can add our own?)

5) Qlik Sense has ETL. Tableau not. But is it possible for non-technical user to create a data schema or he also should get 'good data'?

Thank a lot!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Good Morning! - I will gladly facilitate your request. I will also answer your questions here:

Note - the information I am sending you is applicable to Qlik Sense - but there is corresponding information for QlikView as well that our team will be able to help you with.

2) - Yes - you can get started seeing this in action - with the Mashup API here - there is a 4 part video series. Follow the links at the bottom of the video page(s) to see the next video etc.Qlik Sense - Mash-Up APIs - Part 1: Introduction  -  you may also be interested in this video which covers Extensions and our open developer exchange known as Qlik Branch: Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video) - there is also a complete Developer Documentation site - which covers ALL the APIs available with plenty of code examples: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/

3) Yes - we do this with our Direct Discovery feature

4) Yes - here is an example of Mapping - Part and Part 2 - Using the Maps Chart Object - Points Maps - Part 1 - (video) and Using the Maps Chart Object - Polygon Map - Part 2 - (video)

5) Yes - Qlik products also have a very powerful scripting language which can be used to Transform data. But with Qlik Sense - users do not need to know that - take a look at this getting started webinar to get an idea: Qlik Sense Getting Started Webinar - YouTube

I will make sure someone contacts you - if not please let me know.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Julia, my senior management is looking for  Qliksense vsTableau so as to decide on the product to be used for an upcoming project . It would be really helpful if you could share  the information with me, if you have it.

Regards

Rakhee R C

Not applicable
Author

I agree, we would like to hear on which tool have you decided on and why. This would help us a lot 😄