Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting scheduler is gets failed

Hi

I have encountered a problem in Nprinting from quite some days, some times Nprinting scheduler is not initiating the job as per scheduled time and also I'm not able to see any log information about failed scheduler in Nprinting logs.

I will give some light on my report schedulers and may be it will give some idea on my issue,

1) I have 3 NSQ files(Ex: A,B,C)

In A.nsq file I have configured four reports in which one report will generate for every 5 minutes

B.nsq file has 8 reports on different time zones

C.nsq file has 4 reports

Appreciate your revert on above issue.

Thanks,

Mahi

13 Replies
herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi maheshreddymarri

My first question is what version of Nprinting are you using? I ask this because I solve a issue like yours doing an upgrade to 16 SR4 version.

Regards

Frank_S
Support
Support

Check the following Article to troubleshoot your NPrinting schedules. The answer to your issue likely resides here:

Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Frank,

Just for clarification, can you tells us what happens when two scheduled events overlap.  What if one scheduled job has lots of data and does not finish before the next is due to start.  Does the next job just go in queue or is it skipped?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Jobs are not skipped. NP server will continue to process the current job until it is finished, then process the next scheduled job even if they overlap.

It is good practice to test report tasks manually before scheduling them. This way you can approximate the time it takes to run a task/job/schedule and schedule subsequent jobs accordingly.

NOTE: NPrinting 16 is not multi-threaded. It can only process one job at a time. There is no benefit to scheduling jobs/tasks to run at the same time. Staggering schedules is a good practice.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Hebert,

I'm using Version 16.2.0.0(SR2)

Thanks,

Mahi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

I'm using Nprinting Version 16.2.0.0(SR2), and not always but some times the overlap schedules are skipped in my case.

If I have a schedules on same time then Nprinting is skipping one of the job and not even updating the skipped job information in Nprinting log.

Thanks,

Mahi

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

So I realy recommend to upgrade to SR4, this release has a lot of good bug fixes and improvements.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Mahesh,

There may be a problem with logging. I would suggest following the advice of herbert88‌ above and upgrade to NP 16 SR 4.

If the issue persists upon the upgrade to NP 16 SR 4, please contact us directly at the support desk to submit a support request.

You may enter a support ticket as needed with your NPrinting product key at the link below:

Qlik Support

Cheers...fs

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Frank Savino!.

One more request, could you please guide me the steps to upgrade my N-printing version.

Thanks,

Mahi