Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Row Break in Straight table

Hi

I have a straight table with 4000 rows,i want to make partition into ranges(it has to show only 1000 at a time in the table) within the front end.As per user requirement,if they click on range2(1001 to 2000 rows) ,if they click on range3(2001 to 3000 rows)should display etc..

There is no unique key in the straight table so i created a 2 new exp to generate row number as RowNo(TOTAL) and Ranges (Range1-1 to 1000,range2-1001 to 2000 rows etc) as 'Range' & ceil(RowNo(TOTAL)/1000,1,1),now both expressions are showing correct result in the table but i failed to break the data within the straight table.when i click on Range(Range1) colume it displays only one row instead of 1000 rows.

I cant create a RowNo() in backend because when i tried this in scripting showing wrong row number, In the raw data we have more 30,000 rows i dont want to make partition on this 30,000 rows data. I need to do break the data which is in straight table in frond end

Thanks

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for quick reply.

This is what i want exactly output as presentation.But my problem is to create a group in backend because  we have 30,000 rows in data model if i do same thing it will create more number of groups which i dont require.

Is there any other procedure to create groups in straigth itself???

Because in table i have 4000 rows, so now i want only 4 groups.

marcus_sommer

With rowno() as expression in the chart you could display such things but because it's an expression you couldn't select them with this way. I think the easiest way would be to add such a rowno-logic within the script as an extra field which you then could use for this, maybe:

Load *, ceil(rowno() / 1000) as RowNoCluster From YourSource;

Possible would be also to create such cluster as a listbox-expression, maybe something in this way:

aggr(ceil(rank(YourExpression) / 1000)), YourDimensions)

but most are script-solutions more suitable.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

anagharao
Creator II