Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Extractor Connector

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SAP using the SAP Extractor connector (Qlik connector for SAP 6.1.2), in the login page it is asking for Network Server Host and Port.

Can any one help me with what needs to go in the Network Server Host and Port field? I am able to connect to other SAP components and have installed the SAP GUI on the machine but still the field in not filling itself.

yfe‌ - Please help, thanks in advance.

-Apoorv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The Qlik SAP Extractor Connector connects to the SAP system in a different way than the other connectors. It needs the Qlik SAP Network Server service to handle the job requests and receiving data from SAP. The benefits of the Extractor connector is that it handles jobs with many millions of rows of data. This is the recommended connector for large data amounts.

The "Host" and "Port" targets the location of the running service, it can be on your own PC or a dedicated server. If it is located on you own PC the Host would be "localhost" (or 127.0.0.1) and the Port is by default 8680.

More information on the Qlik SAP Network Server service can be found here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/6.1/Installation/Insta...

Br,

Tomas

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The Qlik SAP Extractor Connector connects to the SAP system in a different way than the other connectors. It needs the Qlik SAP Network Server service to handle the job requests and receiving data from SAP. The benefits of the Extractor connector is that it handles jobs with many millions of rows of data. This is the recommended connector for large data amounts.

The "Host" and "Port" targets the location of the running service, it can be on your own PC or a dedicated server. If it is located on you own PC the Host would be "localhost" (or 127.0.0.1) and the Port is by default 8680.

More information on the Qlik SAP Network Server service can be found here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/6.1/Installation/Insta...

Br,

Tomas