Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Log Files - Qlik Sense Hub

I have been using Qlik Sense Hub for less than a week....

Where are log files stored on Qlik Sense Hub?

I imported a .qvf file in QMC and received

“Failed to import error.  Please check log file."

Thanks for your help....

David

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I shut down all the servers and tried to import .qvf file and got the following error. I am in programdata/qlik/sense/log/repository/trace/ <name>_system_repository:

Failed to request service alive response from 'https://win-cs6kr6sd3ts:5151/qss/' (Unable to connect to the remote server)                                      9c133784-ffb7-43df-abc7-cd7eed3c3c4d

57       20160517T095715.865-0700       INFO   WIN-CS6KR6SD3TS            System.Repository.Repository.Core.Synchronization.TransactionLog.SnapshotCreator            31       5c09664b-80d1-4ccb-8a0f-ece771d6e6ad          NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM     Snapshot creator: Idle                                              5c09664b-80d1-4ccb-8a0f-ece771d6e6ad

58       20160517T112415.068-0700       WARN WIN-CS6KR6SD3TS            System.Repository.Repository.WebSocketServer.RepositoryWebSocketSession            58       852326b3-25ae-45ef-a9a8-d825e7f27dd9            NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM     Exception received when sending over websocket          GeneralCommunicationException with communication error WebSocketSendOnClosed and http error code 500                                   852326b3-25ae-45ef-a9a8-d825e7f27dd9

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I am not running on a virtual machine. I have Windows Server 2012 running on my laptop and Qlik is running on that. I am not sure that helps...

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

David,

I just performed an import of an application that I created in Qlik Desktop.  I found the log in the migration folder (as Levi mentioned in his post).  C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\AppMigration

Do you have any logs in this folder?

Your best bet may be to open a Case with Qlik Support.  They can probably assist you better with your issue.  They have the ability to do a WebEx and see exactly what is configured on your machine.

Kevin

Not applicable
Author

This is the most recent log I have from \AppMigration.... However it did not update when I just ran the app import on the QMC to bring in the .qvf file.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I appreciate all of the help you have given me..

What is the best number for Qlik Support?

David

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

David,

You can go to support.qlik.com.

You can open a case online or select your region for the number.

In North America, the number is 1-877-754-5843

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.. I go to that website and I get 

"Single Sign-On Error

We can't log you in. Check for an invalid assertion in the SAML Assertion Validator (available in Single Sign-On Settings) or check the login history for failed logins."

I am logged into the qlik.com site...

Did you ever come across a message like that?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

It happens from time to time and apologies for that. Our Qoncierge folks tend to handle this since we in support are largely blind to how our portal works.

In the meantime, ping us at either support@qlik.com or 1-877-QLIKVIEW. The key information that we will need in an email will be:

- Name / Email (included in the email)

- License # (to associate you with the right account and more generally needed)

- Version

- Description of the issue

- Ideally supporting material like logs. For this case, I'd do an import then zip up C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

HI Levi,

Please help me on  System Engine log file..In that LEVEL is showing Error .. What is the reason for that ?/

Please help me Levi

Thanks In advance

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

So it's configured like this:

jMM3zCz.png

This means that the Trace > System log will only record errors.

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Levi,

Please help me on Check list for Server healthy...

Thank you so much