Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Supporting Tasks in QlikView Management Console

Hi Folks,

Can you give me a brief idea of the Supporting tasks available in QlikView Management Console.

It would be very helpful for those who want to explore QlikView Management Console in depth.

Thanks in advance

Surendra

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Surendra,

Think of the Windows Task Scheduler, where you can run any kind of executable file, passing parameters and creating dependencies. That's exactly what Supporting Tasks are for. Any thing that is not Reload, Distribution, Reduction, like sending some emails calling to an external program, running a backup after the nightly reload... You can do all that from the Supporting Tasks with the plus that you can make them dependend of your pure QlikView tasks.

For example: run a BAT file to check when a status from a database has ended, then if it went right start a reload, and after that, call to your corporate backup software to store the recently generated QlikView files.

Hope that gives you an idea.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you elaborate the use of 'Pause' and 'Database Command' Supporting Tasks. I couldn't draw the exact use of them.

Thanks,

Surendra

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

They do exactly what they mean:

Pause will keep the service idle for the time specified. Think of keep waiting for a big file to be copied to disk.

Database command: perform a database command, for example, change some settings or execute a stored procedure

Regards.

Miguel

koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Miguel,

I've created a vbs script file which accesses the QV document data to format a mail body and sends a mail. The vbs works properly wen triggered via command prompt. However i tried to trigger the vbs script via a batch file using a supporting task. Though the supporting task runs successfully, it doesn't trigger the vbs. (I don't receive any mail.) Does supporting task do not support this types of operations?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you will click on the Help button it will give you an overview.

help.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
lukas_sokol
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,/

I have a similar problem, did you manage to find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Saket or Lukasz, did you ever find a solution?

lukas_sokol
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I found solution but I'm not using supporting tasks and this only works when you use IE plugin for AP.
details in:
Re: Supporting Tasks - Batch file is not running