cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Find Replace expression issue

Hello,

Im new to this forum

I need to replace part of expressions in a several qwv files.

it is the second if-argument that needs to be changed in all formulas:

=if(TimeType='Actual',
(
sum(SignFC*[1110000000 Intangible assets])/1000),
if(TimeType like 'E*',-sum(SignFC*[1110000000 Intangible assets])/1000)) 

I need to replace TimeType like 'E*' to TimeType like 'FP*'

I have tried to use the replace ALL function in the Expression overview but it does not work.

the problem is the 'E*' part and i cannot simply just replace E so it has to be something like

Find

TimeType like 'E*

Relace by

TimeType like 'F*

not to mess up formulas....Any ide how to solve this???

A quick answer would be highly appreciated.

4 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Carl,

The easiest approach may be to create project files ("prj files").  This will turn your QlikView app in to xml documents.  From there you can more easily edit the xml.  Here is a link to the help file on Project Files (http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/QlikView_Project_Files.htm?q=prj)

Also, going forward I highly recommend you use variable for your expressions.  This way you can change your expressions in one place and it will change it in all your apps.  Here is a post and video on how to do this: Reusing Expressions

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

thanks for your answer. I will look into your suggestions below. However I would really prefer if someone have a quickfix for this problem.

what is the reason I can find all expressions with TimeType like but not TimeType like 'E*'?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

I suspect it has something to do with the single quotes and the *.  They are likely confusing the search but this is just a guess.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I am most certain that it is the single quotes and * that are causing problems with the find/replace function.

Really annoying, they should try to fix so that you could use double quotes or similar and have this issue solved. I cannot be the only one with this problem.

Find "TimeType like 'E*'"

Replace with  "TimeType like '´FP*'"