Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Event log Expression error

Hi,

We have lot of errors in our Event log regarding "Expression Error". I can't find any pattern when the error occurs.

Example:

SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: QlikView Governance Dashboard v.2.0.1.qvw, ObjectId: Document\BU281, Expr(0)

We are running QV11 SR12. Is this error related to this specific service release? Is there a way to fix all these Event log errors without upgrade to a later SR?

/Fredrik

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you take a look at the object mentioned? Perhaps it really does contain an expression with an error. I think it's the Reload button on the Configuration tab. It has an expression on the Layout tab in the Show Conditional option that seems to refer to a non-existing variable vShowConfig : ClientPlatform()='') and vShowConfig. Perhaps if you simply remove that conditional expression you'll be rid of the errors. The Conditional option is disabled anyway, so removing the expression won't have any negative effect on the behavior of the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have removed that condition, but I have also errors on applications where the ObjectId is empty. How can I fix these errors.

SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: ETL_FastReload_Request_17807.qvw, ObjectId: , Expr(0)

The strange thing about the error above is that the application does not contain any objects, but it is still generating an error.

A new event error on the Governance Dashboard is:

SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: QlikView Governance Dashboard v.2.0.1.qvw, ObjectId: Document\CH626, Expr(0)

I can't see anything strange with CH626...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: ETL_FastReload_Request_17807.qvw, ObjectId: , Expr(0)

The strange thing about the error above is that the application does not contain any objects, but it is still generating an error.

Check the all expressions listed in the Expression Overview. If you have no objects then it's not a Chart expression, so enable the other expression categories.

A new event error on the Governance Dashboard is:

SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: QlikView Governance Dashboard v.2.0.1.qvw, ObjectId: Document\CH626, Expr(0)

I can't see anything strange with CH626...

I can. TaskEndTimeStamp is not a field that exists in the data model

count({1<TaskEndTimeStamp={">$(=$(ReloadEnd)-90)"}>} [Task Status])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, you are right.

But what about errors without any object id reference?

I there some configuration that I can do in order to disable Expression error logging in the Event log?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can try playing with the log levels in QMC. But I don't think there is an easy setting to disable expression error messages. The general idea is that you'ld like to know what you have to fix in the first place, instead of making the server shut up about them.

Did you find any other non-object expressions like Gysbert suggested? For example, triggers can have expressions too.

I seem to remember that some SRs did produce way too many of those SE_Log messages, but I though Qlik already handled these in SR12 or earlier.

Peter