Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichimiike
Partner - Contributor III

Field list security rules

We're in the process of getting our solution together want to restrict access to what users can and can't see when they edit apps.

Is there any way to stop users from seeing the full list of fields and ONLY allow them access to the Master Items?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Mat

9 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Since you are talking about Master Items, but did post this topic in a QlikView stream, I have to ask:

Is this a question about QlikView or Qlik Sense?

If it is Sense, let me know so I can move the topic.

May you live in interesting times!
Kushal_Chawda

ichimiike
Author

Hi Kushal,

First off, thanks for the response...

Yes, it IS Qlik Sense I'm working with (and didn't realise I'd posted into the QlikView stream).

I'll have a look at using OMIT... but would omitting access to a field ALSO stop the user from accessing a master item based on the omitted item?

Mat

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Okay, no problem. I moved the topic to "Qlik Sense".

May you live in interesting times!
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Mat,

This link will give you all the information required to create security rules:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/QMC_Resources_Rules_Addin...

Thanks,

Sangram.

ichimiike
Author

Hi everyone,

thanks for all the input... I think I've finally found what I can and cant' do... and whilst it's not QUITE what we were after, it should be close enough

Cheers again,

Mat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mat, curious what solution you did find.  Want to do the same in our self service environment so looking for insight.

ichimiike
Author

Hi Jeannie,

It was a sort of mixed bag really... Essentially, the field list you see in the general design environment isn't visible when the app is published... which means that your general / casual user will only get the master items to select from anyway...

Having said that, your more adventurous / nosey users will probably get into the formula editor and will be able to access to full list of fields from there.

Hope this helps,

Mat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.  Yes, they still return in the list when someone is editing and was hoping to hide them. Thanks!!