Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Functionality lost when sharing workbook with others

Hi Community,

My team and I built a dashboard that features treemaps and bar charts. When we make a selection in a list box the associated components of the charts get highlighted. However, this functionality is lost when someone outside our team opens the workbook and uses it. They are able to open it and make selections in the list box but the charts no longer highlight the selected components.

Is there some kind of setting or restriction that would cause this?? My team and I built this remotely from each other making our own edits to the workbook and saving it as multiple versions. Now that we have distributed it to others, they are unable to use it as intended. Meanwhile it still works for myself and my team who built it.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Which functionality are you exactely using to hightlight these changes? Could you maybe post a small sample QVW that demonstrates this feature?

Are all users on the same version of QV? Some features like alternates states are not available in pretty old QV versions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Which functionality are you exactely using to hightlight these changes? Could you maybe post a small sample QVW that demonstrates this feature?

Are all users on the same version of QV? Some features like alternates states are not available in pretty old QV versions.

Not applicable
Author

So turns out it was a version issue. I originally did not think it was because everyone was on version 11 but somewhere between Version 11.20.12123.0 SR4 and Version 11.20.12664.0 SR9 the functionality was added. Alternate states were part of the expression used for the background color on the charts.

Thanks for the answer!