Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing visualization through iframe is requesting for login credentials

I would appreciate some guidance on this trying issue.

is it possible to pass login credentials as part of the url in Qlik Sense. I am trying to expose some visualizations through iframes on a web portal but i keeps prompting for login credentials. Can someone share any ideas. I am open for any guidance on a solution.

4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

You can give an Anonymous access to your visualization or authenticate users. In the second scenario I assume you've embedded the iFrame in a web portal. What you need to do is to integrate also the authentication using either Ticket or Session solution

Here all details

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-S...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Vicenzo.

A little background on what I have done

1. I have created a new virtual proxy and granted all users anonymous access through that particular proxy.
  2. Based on an earlier documentation, it was advised to create a login access rule and specify user.isAnonymous() in the advanced option but because this is an evaluation licence we do not have spare licences to allocate for login passes and waiting for the licenses to recycle is not an option, I created a user access rule to allow isAnonymous() I am not sure if that's a feasible option.
  3. Thanks for the links especially on the session option, can you further explain maybe with examples.

Thank you

Vincenzo_Esposito

Generally use Anonymous access to avoid the login credentials is not a good option. You definitely need to go for a ticket or session based authentication. As far as I remember you should find out some example on Qlik.branch.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the guidance.