Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with calculated dimension and hierarchy

I have the following scenario:

I have a pivot table with a group size and other subgroup and a measurement with the name value. The subgroup size has an association with the size group.

In some dimensions were made calculated fields to change the sum of the total size group. As an example only add some subgroups that are within a certain group, the pattern for summing all.

The following expression:

if (Group <> 'RECIPES' Sum (value), if (Only (Group <> 'SALES REVENUE'), Value, SUM (total {$ <Subgroup = { 'CARD CREDIT'}>} Value) + SUM ( Total {$ <subgroup = { 'DEBIT CARD'}>} Value)))

The problem:

The value are being replicated in all subgroups. If my goal and only change the total value of the group.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample? Difficult to understand the issue without looking at it

Not applicable
Author

Example 2 Sense.png

The total is doubling the bass lines

sunny_talwar

Still not sure I understand the issue. What would you expect to see?

Not applicable
Author

If the total is a calculated field of lines 1 and 2 that are below the group. However this total is being applied on all lines and should be applied only in the total group is the level 1 of the hierarchy.

Example 2 Sense.png

The figure below is the result that accurate, the calculated field where the group size is just the sum of the line 1 and 2 which is a dimension subgroup.

Recapping I have two two dimensions and a sublevel and the other. I am Group size and subgroup size that are children Group.

However the calculation that I am using is calculating correctly but is changing the value of all subgroup of the items below as is the image you insert in the previous post.