Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting performance while opening

Hello everybody,

I have question about opening QlikView-Documents through NPrinting.

In our Company we´ve got QlikView-Server (with high performance) and one NPrinting-Server (with low performance). So each time we develop or create projects with NPrinting the performance while opening huge QlikView-Documents is horrible.

So my question is:

1. )    Is it possible to open the QlikView-Documents on the QlikView-Server and not on the NPrinting-Server to develop or to run tasks?
  2. )    Or should I move the whole NPrinting stuff on one of the high performance QlikView-Server?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english.

Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Tom,

You can use a "server" connection which will use QlikView Server (and the machine QlikView Server is installed on) to open the QVW and perform operations (apply selections, extract data and images) for your NPrinting reports.

When you create the connection in NPrinting 16, select the server check box (I don't have NP16 installed anymore and I don't remember exactly what it says, but it's a check box on the left side) in the connection window, specify the server name and a list of QVWs on that server will appear.

In NPrinting 17, just select "Server" in the connection window.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Tom,

You can use a "server" connection which will use QlikView Server (and the machine QlikView Server is installed on) to open the QVW and perform operations (apply selections, extract data and images) for your NPrinting reports.

When you create the connection in NPrinting 16, select the server check box (I don't have NP16 installed anymore and I don't remember exactly what it says, but it's a check box on the left side) in the connection window, specify the server name and a list of QVWs on that server will appear.

In NPrinting 17, just select "Server" in the connection window.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Tom -

For NP16, the steps Aran outlined are shown here: How to Connect to your QlikView Documents