Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How using InputField

Hi,

I have defined a field as an InputField (f.e. Field1), before any loads or selects statements.

After, I connect to a data source and I select some fields from a SQL Server table. One of these fields it is Field1.

I expect that when I put this input field into a table box I could edit a value inside it, but this isn't the behaviour ???

Why? Thanks

UPDATE:

After the select about Field1, I'm using this field to determine a sum field inside a load statement. In this case, is it right that Field1 doesn't behave as an input field?

Morevover, I have defined another field as an input field for another select statement and it functions correctly.

Thanks

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

it should work as you described it. Perhaps there is only a little detail wrong. To clarify this: are you able to send a little exam app?

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

I'm using the Personal Edition. Is it enough the script?

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't matter. I am using a prof. version. With this I am able to read (and rewrite) your app.

RR

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thanks, I attach the qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Becareful, there´s a bug in the QV 10 SR1, See to http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/36247.aspx

Jr

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jr,

thank you for your advice.

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I just took a look at your app. This is to mention: Inputfield-Names have to correspondent with a name of a QV-Field. NOT with a Source-Fieldname (eg fields within SQL). So use Fieldnames belonging to a load-statement.

InputField FirstUpdate; // can't work, missing the QV-Field
InputField DescrProgetto; // same as above
InputField BDG_Gest; // works --> see "Budget Gest" in your upper tablebox

Note: if you move with your cursor onto "Budget Gest" of your upper (or any other) tablebox you will see a little "left arrow" to indicate this is an input field.

RR

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks, but I can edit "DescrProgetto" and not "FirstUpdate". DescrProgetto isn't into a load statement. And why I cannot edit a field specified only into a select statement (the load statement it seems a ripetitive one)?

Moreover, when I try to comment the input field and reload data I have an execution error that I cannot solve to uncomment the input field. Is it stable the Personal Edition?

Not applicable
Author

Hello again,

sorry, I wasn't precise enough. Inputfieldnames have to correspondent with Fieldnames of the (internal) QV-Tables. Independent wether they are generated: by a select without a preceding load (like "DescrProgetto" is) or within a load-statement. So I was wrong, "DescrProgetto" is a valid Inputfield.

The Personal Edition is (as QT-guys told us) 100% the same like prof. Editions. It is only a licence issue, not a technical. This is to say, your PE Vxy should have the same features (and bugs) like the according prof. Edition Vxy. I tried to rebuild your "bug" in a small example application, but in vain, it loads correctly after comment the inputfields. What is the error message for doing what?

RR