Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How using InputField

Hi,

I have defined a field as an InputField (f.e. Field1), before any loads or selects statements.

After, I connect to a data source and I select some fields from a SQL Server table. One of these fields it is Field1.

I expect that when I put this input field into a table box I could edit a value inside it, but this isn't the behaviour ???

Why? Thanks

UPDATE:

After the select about Field1, I'm using this field to determine a sum field inside a load statement. In this case, is it right that Field1 doesn't behave as an input field?

Morevover, I have defined another field as an input field for another select statement and it functions correctly.

Thanks

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Guys,

What´s the QV´s version you are using?

JR

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

but also FirstUpdate is into a SELECT statement; then there is a LOAD statement. Does the LOAD statement override the fields defined in the SELECT statement? I'm expecting that also FirstUpdate was an input field.

I'm using QV 10 Personal Edition. I hope that the bug is due to the particular edition, but so it is present also in the prof/enterp edition.

I attach the only error message returned: in English says that the script execution is failed and asks to load the preceeding data.

My app is already a simple and a sample app and I have tried to debug it unsuccessfully. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

An update.

I have create another qvw and I have copied in the script the connection statement, the select statement and the load statement referred to the ole db data source. No boxes are added.

I have declared three input field and I have executed the reload and I have no error. I have commented one of this definition and I have reloaded, but unsuccessfully. This is the bug. Morevover, I have tried to uncomment the input field declaration but the error isn't solved.

Bye.

Not applicable
Author

Another update.

The bug occurs when I comment the input declaration for a field (defined with an alias) into a LOAD statement. F.e., in my app, see BDG_Gest field defined as a sum. Is it possible to modify the script somehow to solve the script failure?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello again,

unfortunately I can't reproduce the error. But your description looks like a bug. I assume you are using QV10 SR1 (see mainmenu --> Help --> About Qlikview). Did you check what Jr posted above:

Becareful, there´s a bug in the QV 10 SR1, See to http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/36247.aspx

If you use the V10 IR, don't hesitate to update, else sorry, but it seems to be a bug.

RR

Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks, also I think a bug.

I have installed the update (build 8815), opened my document and reloaded data. The error ISN'T solved!