Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

"What if" Analysis in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

is it possible to make the "what if" analysis in Qlik Sense?

45 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Shine,

I have uploaded the sample QVF in the below link. To do what if analysis please download Variable extension and once it appears in your chart the rest is very easy. I have put an example for inoput box like and list box like using the same variable extension.. Very easy to use.

Thanks

Chandra

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Luis, thanks a lot for this response.

Could you send me this example??

It looks very nice!

Thank you a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Please find the sample qvf attached !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rawad,

Sorry for this late reply.  Would it be possible for you to provide the qvf file for the image shown in your post?

I'd like to understand how you put that together.  It looks great.

Thanks in advance.

Ozzie

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

There is an excellent discussion and app by pvn‌ at this link -

https://community.qlik.com/thread/217757

it is focused on Monte-Carlo simulation as a special case of what-if analysis.

have a look

Thanks,

Ajit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ajit - this is most useful

Ozzie

Not applicable

Hi Mike,

I'm new to qlik sense , i`m trying to create a user input to change the financial impact based on user input.

I followed the same steps which u have mentioned, but when i`m trying to create measure , my variable is not detecting, its throwing me a error that undefined name (variable name).

mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rashmi,

It's been a while since I've played around with the qsVariable extension....you might want to make sure you've created the variable in your application by going to the Variables editor.  Create your variable there first, with an empty definition, then go to your qsVariable object in your sheet and name it the same as the variable you created. After that, you should be able to follow the step-by-step I created before and it should work.

Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I`m new to qlik sense, i`m looking for the same type of user input for my dashboard, i have tried adding input extension and followed the same steps as mentioned in these conversation, but still i`m not able to get the connection between input box value and my other graphs.

Can you please share if any example qvf file

Not applicable

Hi Chandrasheker,

I`m not able to access your qvf fie and the link in the community also give some error, can you please share the file again, i need to implement user input function in my project