Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Map Object don't load all areas

Hi,

I'm trying to load different KMLs in my app. I know that the Map Object have a limitation between 1000 and 3000 polygons. Am I right? Just to try I wanna show 1100 zip codes.

First, I load an island table with 2 fields: ZipCode and Area. Then I add a map with my Area and ZipCode fields with no measures and I can see the entire map.

Now I want to join the table to my data model using ZipCode as Keyfield but now, the same map, only shows a part of it.

Any idea why is doing this?

Thank's in advance

UPDATE: I attach three images for a better understanding.

Map1.png: Is my target. I only see this map if I load the table as an island.

Map2.png: Is the result of join the island table to my model using ZipCode as a Keyfield.

Map3.png  Is the map using Left Keep to my facts table. As you can see there are a few blank regions, these are the regions that aren't in my model. I used Left Keep to be sure that al ZipCodes have a match in my model.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf and Gysbert,

I've figure out a solution.

First of all I doubled the field ZipCode. Then, I create my map adding my Area and, as dimension, I used the field that is not the keyfield.

It seems that the object is not working if we use a Keyfield which is appears several times in the fact table.

Here's the example:

Script

GIS_ZipCodes:

Load Num(City.Name,'00000') as ZipCode,

Num(City.Name,'00000') as ZipCodeDesc

City.Area as Area

FROM [lib://KML/CPS/City.kml]

(kml, Table is [City/City])

Facts:

Load Num(ZipCode,'00000') as ZipCode,

(Field1 to N)

From MySource.qvd (qvd);

Map Object

Add Area field and ZipCodeDesc as a Dimension.

Thank's for all the help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps some areas in the kml file don't have zip code values in their attributes.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert

All areas have zip code and when I select a ZipCode that don't appear in the map the field Area have some possible values and the dashboard still working.based on my selection.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Do you have data for all zip codes in the joined table?

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Yes, if I select one zip code that doesn't appear in the map I see data in my dashboard and the possible area as well.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Can you upload an example to illustrate. I guess there is a missing match with the KML.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Sorry but for privacy reasons I can't upload an example. I attach three screenshots with the different results.

To be sure that there isn't a miss match with the KML I used Left Keep to my facts table to be sure that I only load the ZipCodes that appear in my model. Now I see the same part of the map, not the entire map, but with blank polygons corresponding to ZipCodes that doesn't exist in my model.

Map1.png: Is my target. I only see this map if I load the table as an island.

Map2.png: Is the result of join the island table to my model using ZipCode as a Keyfield.

Map3.png  Is the map using Left Keep to my facts table. As you can see there are a few blank regions, these are the regions that aren't in my model.

Thank's a lot for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf and Gysbert,

I've figure out a solution.

First of all I doubled the field ZipCode. Then, I create my map adding my Area and, as dimension, I used the field that is not the keyfield.

It seems that the object is not working if we use a Keyfield which is appears several times in the fact table.

Here's the example:

Script

GIS_ZipCodes:

Load Num(City.Name,'00000') as ZipCode,

Num(City.Name,'00000') as ZipCodeDesc

City.Area as Area

FROM [lib://KML/CPS/City.kml]

(kml, Table is [City/City])

Facts:

Load Num(ZipCode,'00000') as ZipCode,

(Field1 to N)

From MySource.qvd (qvd);

Map Object

Add Area field and ZipCodeDesc as a Dimension.

Thank's for all the help.