Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open NPrinting designer v17?

Hi,

Have a few questions for NPrinting server version 17.

1. I  just installed NPrinting version 17. I cannot find how to go it's designer. I installed Nprinting server, Engine and Desinger at the same machine.

2. My added Nprinting engine is always offline althought all the NPrinting services are up and running. How can I resolve it?

3. Can I connect NPrinting version 17 to Qlikview version 11.20? Currently I cannot see those button which is used for NPrinting print in my qlikview dashboard.

Thank you & Regards,

Aye Mar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

1. The Designer can only be opened using a button in NP17 from the Rreports section (either create or edit report). It cannot be opened as a standalone program. This also requires the engine to be online.

2. For offline engine issues, see the troubleshooting page: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.0/Content/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.htm

3. Do you mean On-Demand reporting using an extension object in QlikView? If so, that is a gap feature that will be resolved in the June release on NPrinting 17.1

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Follow this.. When i got the same problem, I use this links ...

Might be Useful ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiTy_cPqRSk

Introduction to NPrinting for QlikView Demo - YouTube

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Stephen_Jasionowski

1. The Designer can only be opened using a button in NP17 from the Rreports section (either create or edit report). It cannot be opened as a standalone program. This also requires the engine to be online.

2. For offline engine issues, see the troubleshooting page: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.0/Content/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.htm

3. Do you mean On-Demand reporting using an extension object in QlikView? If so, that is a gap feature that will be resolved in the June release on NPrinting 17.1

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Anil. It is useful info for me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find my reply below.

1. Resolved

2. Will try again.

3.  It is not qlikview On-Demand dashboard. It happen on our dashboard which was created with Qlikview version 11x . In the dashboard, there is a blue color button called "Generate Report" which is link to NPrinting server. When we click, it should generate the NPrinting report. It was enabled when I install NPrinting 16 but now it diappear after I install NPrinting 17. I am very new to Qlikview. I am not sure it is On-Demand report button or not. But I saw in the button properties has On-Demandxxxx. Do you think it is On-Demand button? How can I resolve now?

Thank you & Regards,

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Aye,

If useful, Please put one mark with Helpful

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Stephen_Jasionowski

Yes, the button would indicate it was used for NPrinting On-Demand reporting (QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - On-Demand).

This is a gap feature in NPrinting 17 but will be released in June. The buttons will become native QlikView objects instead of extension objects as they were previously.

Stay tuned for the release and documentation...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Stephen.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer.

If not, please make clear with what part of this question you still need help .

May you live in interesting times!