Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Setting up user password QMC

Hi Michael,

I am facing the issue in the Password Authentication , i have loaded the users from MySQL Server in that i don't have the Password When i was opening the hub it was asking the user name and Password , User name i am giving new user that was loaded from the MySQL Server and password i am using my Windows login password that was not Authenticating , This is the Correct way i am doing Please guide me. What to do next.

Thanks in Advance.

Ramarajan.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ramaraj,

I see that Levi and Jeff have provided valuable information to you as well, so we want to make sure you understand that when using UDC, you are only pulling in user attributes from the UDC configured source. The UDC IS NOT used for authentication, I outline this  here in this video: Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5 -

NOTE: The users that exist in MYSQL (the user id) must also exist in the Windows environment in order for the Windows authentication to work, because that is how Qlik Sense is configured, using default windows integrated authentication. If you can please clarify that you understand this, perhaps we further assist you.

However, your screenshot indicates more of another problem, that does not seem to be related to the issue you described. You would not get a "site cannot be reached message" if the user logged in was not correct or did not have assigned access. These types of issues can be difficult to troubleshoot in the community. Since this is a version of Qlik Sense Enterprise server, do you have a support contract with Qlik or a partner? I would suggest working with them directly to help you configure the UDC for your environment.

Let us know

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ramaraj, I will branch this to a new discussion.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ramaraj,

This may be because the user directory is now part of the user id as in:

have you tried logging in like this:

Note the User directory name in the list and in the login box.

This is very common when importing users using UDC.

Also make sure you have assign user / login passes to the users that you have imported, this is a common missed step.

Qlik Sense Platform - Token Licensing and Assigning Access Passes (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

In addition, I think it is important that you know this:

(we assume so as you mentioned that you were using the windows password)

Qlik Sense does not perform identity verification / management authentication.  Qlik Sense will not ever ask for a password.  You need to have a identity management solution sitting in front of Qlik Sense.  By default, windows authentication is set up, so your users need to be added to the local directory of the server.  if the server is part of a domain, then you can use domain users to authenticate through windows and then gain access to the system.

For a list of alternate authentication schemes and an overview of Qlik Sense security I highly recommend this video:

Qlik Sense Security Overview - YouTube

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I was tried as per your snapshot I am getting error , I was attached the error message

User Connector.PNGMysqlUsers Login Error.PNG

Thanks,

Ramarajan

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

As jog‌ mentioned to, Sense does not directly authenticate. Any of the ODBC User Directory types (Excel, csv, SQL) can pull in usernames, but as you've seen passwords are not included in the users or attributes tables for the ODBC UDCs. This means that those UDC types are not for standard authentication (Windows or forms). They can be integrated into other Authentication mechanisms, of course.

For example, I can pull in users from SQL and access using a Header Virtual Proxy using Fiddler to inject the headers and login as one of those SQL users.

If you're looking to do standard auth, then AD, LDAP, or Local Users are the route. Local users are easy but they aren't very scalable since they do not plug into credentials that most users already use.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ramaraj,

I see that Levi and Jeff have provided valuable information to you as well, so we want to make sure you understand that when using UDC, you are only pulling in user attributes from the UDC configured source. The UDC IS NOT used for authentication, I outline this  here in this video: Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5 -

NOTE: The users that exist in MYSQL (the user id) must also exist in the Windows environment in order for the Windows authentication to work, because that is how Qlik Sense is configured, using default windows integrated authentication. If you can please clarify that you understand this, perhaps we further assist you.

However, your screenshot indicates more of another problem, that does not seem to be related to the issue you described. You would not get a "site cannot be reached message" if the user logged in was not correct or did not have assigned access. These types of issues can be difficult to troubleshoot in the community. Since this is a version of Qlik Sense Enterprise server, do you have a support contract with Qlik or a partner? I would suggest working with them directly to help you configure the UDC for your environment.

Let us know

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

I have  users are in AD and  some users are in MySQL Server,

is it possible to do like

AD users will authenticate Qlik Sense using Windows Authentication mode . and MySQL users can access Qlik Sense  using " Header Virtual Proxy " method.

If it is possible please guide me  and  you have any document to implement this please provide.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramaraj.