Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Access to CSS

A lot of the reports we write are for customers with brand guidelines we need to adhere to.

With sense being a HTML Front end are there plans to give users access to the underlying CSS in Qlik Sense?

I've seen in extensions you can access and modify the CSS of a chart type
but I think that would be overkill to have to rewrite a chart object just to access the formatting.

If I wanted to for example change the Chart Titles from Qlik grey to black for example.  Is there one place I can change this and if yes will we be able to upload themes to it in future.  Something like what Bootstrap have done.

61 Replies
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Will the themes be officially supported in Qlik Sense 3.0 ?

We have several customers that make Corporate Color Schemes compulsory, so having the ability to set the default color scheme (default color for dimension 1, dimension 2, dimension 3 in all graphs) to a different one is key for them.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I think this is related to all OEM partners.. It's hard to imagine a company without CI/CD.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jean, let's ask plu‌ - to see if he can share some insights on this topic. I am aware of some basic styling options becoming available, that might just be the beginning and common framework for something bigger! Let's hope 🙂

Patrik?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

So, there will be some support for themes. Themes is a larger initiative from R&D that involves everything from app theming to users being able to switch contrast modes, story templates etc etc

However some stuff will ship for 3.0/3.1, specifically targeted for OEM partners and white labeling but if you wanna use it go ahead, so keep your eyes open for the upcoming Qlik Sense beta.

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

That would be great !

Meanwhile, what exactly is already possible in 2.4 ?

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Jean,

We are working on this area. But for clarification, it's only the colors you want to change? Or is there a need also to be able to say what color goes where? Like which line in a line chart has what color, or which bars has a certain color?

Regards,

Patrik.

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

No, just the default color palette.

alexhappel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, I'm using QS 2.2.4 and can't find how to change colors of charts in mashups. Are there any .css solutions?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Alexander,

If you are facing problems with css in a mashup, you can solve it in the mashup itself. You do not need access to qlik's css.

Thanks,

Sangram.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Could you give an example how to do that?

Astrato.io Head of R&D