Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load new documents

Hi,

I have a problem when uploading new documents to QlikView-server with FTP. The document isnt accessible from power tools right away. It takes everything from a couple of seconds to 5 minutes +..

If I  start the administrator och the local server the file is there right away. Is there any way to give the server a push to reload the directory structure so the document get available in powertools right away and we can set an access group to it without the annoying random delay.

We could make a http-request that triggers rescan och do something with powertools or other cli-tool...

// Janne

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

FTP as protocoll is limited (for example, no filefunctions or wildcards possible). Therefore it could be helpful to bypass this and to fetch these files per a batch to a network-storage and load them from there:
Re: For Each File in Filelist - FTP load is not working?
- Marcus
Not applicable
Author

I am not loading over FTP, there is a FTP-server installed on the QV-server so the qvw-files are uploaded via FTP and stored and loaded from local disk. The problem is that the QV-server doesn't directly recognize the newly uploaded files. What I need is some way to tell the QV-server to do its thing and rescan the QV-apps-folder, exactly as it seem to do then accessing the Qlikview Management Console

// Janne

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Like triggering the document on the server to reload? You could use an EDX trigger for that.

Not applicable
Author

More like getting the QV-server to realize that there is a new .qvw-file so I can assign AccessGroups to it with QV-powertools

Now it takes a couple of minutes after upload for the document to show up when running "qv-user-manager.exe --list=DOCS" and before the document shows upp there I cant assign users and groups to it.

// Janne

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So actually you have a problem in the QMC (which is unrelated to the QlikView server) in that it doesn't update the document tree too fast? Did you try switching tabs, or closing and reopening the QMC altogether? Collapsing the document tree won't help you because this doesn't initiate a refresh. But chaning tabs usually does.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

But I am not using the QMC, If I start the QMC the document shows up directly, so the QMC does some kind of refresh, I need to be able to do the same refresh that QMC does to get the server do read the documents.

the flow is like this.

1. A new .qvw-file is uploaded to the server in [QV-DOC-ROOT]\folder1\file1.qvw

2. QV-powertools is run with user-manager.exe --add=dms --document=folder1\file1.qvw with the user/group info attached.

step 2 fails (gives no result), but will work within a couple of minutes...  If i run  user-manager.exe --list=docs the uploaded document isnt in the list, it shows up in couple of minutes and step 2 will then work..

What I need is to insert an new step between 1 & 2 that forces the server to refresh teh folder structure on disk so I can set the access directly.

All this is done automatically som open QMC to make the reload isnt an option...

Not applicable
Author

You have the possibility to use the QMS API and call the method ClearQVSCache. This should refresh all user documents.

/Magnus