Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Executing script takes to long

Hello community,

I have a problem. I am reading from 4 different QVDs 3-4 millions in each QVD. Qlikview is performing joins and creating synthetic keys. It takes far to long to execute the script over 15minutes creating 10+ synthetic keys. I dont think it should take this long. Is there anyway to speed up the process? It's currently QVD absed on Year, I need it this way.

Meddelandet redigerades av: Niklas Söderqvist

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maniram23
Creator II
Creator II

HI,

Please find the attached word document file

View solution in original post

15 Replies
PrashantSangle

Remove synthetic key 10+ are too much for 3-4 million records.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a very easy technique to shorten the delay to reload your documents: eliminate the synthetic keys. If you scan the tilmestamps in the log and compare them with the actual run time, you will see that creating synthetic keys for milliions of rows will take an inordinate amount of time. That time is wasted.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, How do I remove them, and how would I perform joins in the app?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Read article about link table, Composite key

Give you better idea about solution.

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Synthetic keys can be easily removed by creating so-called "composite keys". Concatenate all key values into a single field in both tables (and rename/remove the originals) will reduce the association values between tables to a single one in each case. The synthetic keys will go away.

Peter

PrashantSangle

or you can post your script.

then we can help to optimize it.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I posted it, in the main. This will be very useful for me if you can help em with this issue.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

I am working on personal edition so it will be better for me if you copy and paste your entire script in one doc and attached doc here.

or you can paste your script here.

Regards