Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Qliksense server extension

Hi all,

I am just new to Qliksense server. I need to make a small modification in its web interface.

I know that we can access the extension (HTML, Java script and CSS stuffs) of Qliksense desktop on ...\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions directory.

Can you let me know how can we access this folder in Qliksense server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions but I would caution you against directly modifying those files. The safer method would be to move them elsewhere, doing your modifications / testing, zipping them, deleting the original extension, then reimporting the extension.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions but I would caution you against directly modifying those files. The safer method would be to move them elsewhere, doing your modifications / testing, zipping them, deleting the original extension, then reimporting the extension.

Not applicable
Author

So you are saying that we can package the QVF file along with our html, js and css stuffs all, then deploy them to the server?

I admit that I am kind of a newbie in Qliksense server. In Qliksense desktop, I usually backup the front end stuffs into another folder. I am researching more info.

However, I guess modify them directly is the only option now, I don't want to mess up with the stuff I don't know.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Most extensions are pure JS/CSS/PNG rather than QVFs since most, but not all, extensions are purely coding to tap into underlying Qlik Sense APIs / etc to create a visualization object.