Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macros not working with IE plugin for QlikView 10

Hi,

I have an application having button on the sheet, sheet will get navigate on a click of that button (written a macro).

When I open application through IE and click on the button the macro doesnot fire but this is not a case for all user the macro fires at some users.

Is there any setting that I have to do at IE or QlikView Server?

Currently I am using QlikView 10

Thanks & Regards

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

First things first, are all users using the same IE plugin version?

There is a setting the QV Server, but it applies to all users.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

Yes, all users using the same IE plugin version.

Thanks & Regards

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've seen at least one bug when running macros in QV 10 when adding dimensions to charts, so it might be a bug, but it is strange that it works for some users and not others.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

But the same macro get executed when I open it through firefox (AJAX).

Do you have any solution/suggestion for the same, that would be great help for me.

Thanks & Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can anyone have solution / Suggestion to this, will be really helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Things I'd check:

1.- Macro configuration on the server (from the QlikView Enterprise Management Console)

2.- Browser configuration: in some cases Internet Explorer avoid new windows to be opened, so when you select "Reports" from the menu, the dialog doesn't show up. Usually adding the site to Trusted Sites and sometimes, disabling the Protected Mode for that zone might work.

3.- Which action is actually performing the macro? Does it work opening the document in the Desktop version even for those users where Plugin doesn't?

4.- Macro configuration client-side (allow or prevent macro execution and remember that setting for the user)

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Has there been a resolution or explanation for this?

We're also experiencing similar behavior.

We have a QVW that was developed under QlikView 8.5, and recently we've been testing it on QlikView 10.

There are a couple of charts that use a macro to update the dimensions (expressions).  And there are also a few tables that get hidden or revealed by macros depending on selections.

The hide/reveal macros appear to be easily replaced by newer functionality in QlikView 10.  But the macros to add dimensions to the charts don't work consistently.  Even on the same machine, within the span of an hour, I've seen it not work, then decide to work, then not work again.

One developer tried to replace the macro functionality by adding all expressions to the chart with additional logic to only display the ones selected, but the performance hit is unusable (chart can take 4 mintues to refresh).

Thanks.