Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can i hide a Column in Tablebox

Hi Friends,

I Wanted to Filter the Records in a Table Box depending on a flag,I wanted to Hide the Column ,is it Possible in QlikView.

Scenario:If Suppose i have all the active Employees in one Sheet,i have resigned employees in another Sheet,i have a third Page which shows the Summary of all this,if Suppose if i Come from active Emploee Sheet in Summary Detail it should show only Active Employees which we can find out through a flag.

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

Try to create a table box with all the fields you want or need, EXCEPT the Column used as flag. After that, you do right-click on the scrren and select fields... select field used as flag and show it as listboxes.

So, if you select any value from your listboxes, your table box will be filter without the field you want to hide.

Did I unterstand your question correctly? I hope so.

Fiber9906

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

if you data model is correct, if I don´t understand wrong, I think you just not to show dimension on tablebox. After that, show your field flag to use it as a filter.

I Hhpe it helps you

Fiber9906

Not applicable
Author

HI Fiber,

Thanks for ur Quick Response,i think so i coudn't deliver you the Question,my Question is Wether i can hide the Column used as Flag in Table box. Smile

Not applicable
Author

Can u Please send an example

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

Try to create a table box with all the fields you want or need, EXCEPT the Column used as flag. After that, you do right-click on the scrren and select fields... select field used as flag and show it as listboxes.

So, if you select any value from your listboxes, your table box will be filter without the field you want to hide.

Did I unterstand your question correctly? I hope so.

Fiber9906

llauses243
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Arun,

This is my offer (pls see image & zip), solution is a artificio vía macro.

Good luck, Luis