cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Access to CSS

A lot of the reports we write are for customers with brand guidelines we need to adhere to.

With sense being a HTML Front end are there plans to give users access to the underlying CSS in Qlik Sense?

I've seen in extensions you can access and modify the CSS of a chart type
but I think that would be overkill to have to rewrite a chart object just to access the formatting.

If I wanted to for example change the Chart Titles from Qlik grey to black for example.  Is there one place I can change this and if yes will we be able to upload themes to it in future.  Something like what Bootstrap have done.

61 Replies
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes, but how can you do this with standard visuals (e.g. standard bar charts in standard Qlik Sense interface) : I would need to change the default color palette for all standard visuals.

alexhappel
Contributor II
Contributor II

I found a way to change fonts of standard visuals in css by overwriting with

.qv-object * {

font-family: fontname;

}

You can overwrite the color of KPIs with

.kpi-value {

color: black !important;

}

but all dynamic  native charts in QA are build with canvas. So there is no access with css oder html.

Dear community,

is there a js string or something where to defind the default colors of QS native chars in mashup? Their not getting their color in html oder css. but js. Is there maybe a color string build with js?

Thanks for Support!

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Which file do you adapt for this ? Does it work for the colors of standard bar and pie charts ?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jean,

You have access to all the css files on sense server. This is the location : C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\assets

But changing the standard css is not advisable.

Thanks,

Sangram.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

reddys310 This will not help..

jfdierckx The only way to change colors is via themes. Have a look into:

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\<theme name>\theme.json

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Interesting stuff, can't wait for the next version in which this is properly supported.

In the meantime, I created a mashup and I am able to overrule the default CSS with my custom CSS.

But it is still not clear for me how I can use my custom theme.json with custom colour palettes in a mashup. Can somebody please explain?

I remember Jeffrey Goldberg talking about this on Qonnections..

alexhappel
Contributor II
Contributor II

but can you also overrule the default colors of the charts or pie charts for example ? can you share some screenshots please.

Not applicable

It's crazy to me that this kind of stuff does not come out of the box. Are they trying to put people of Sense or something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

i need to change the default settings (the default palette color)

tried adding a few colors but it didn't work. could you explain or give an example

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I couldn't find the file & folder C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\<theme name>\theme.json on my Qlik Desktop installation... Does this work for Qlik Desktop ?

Moreover, it's still unclear to me how we could change the standard color palette of a line chart or bar chart with this. Could you be more specific on how to do this ?

Thanks !