Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

How do I extend the time a mouse over information in a script is available?

Dear all,

When I am editing a script in the script editor and I hover over a variable I very briefly see a info.

Sadly it is to short to figure out its content.

As this script is not being executed at that time, what information is shown in this mouse-over info?

How can I extent the time it is displayed to something useful like 2s instead of 1/10 of seconds?

Any help is very much appreciated,

Andreas

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not really sure I understand what you mean? What are you wanting to stay for longer the script editor window which closes as soon as the reload completes?

May be check 'Keep progress Open after Reload' under the user preference to keep the reload window open even after the reload has completed

Capture.PNG

andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sunny,

No, this is not what mean.

I had a look at Gysberts great excel loader from

https://community.qlik.com/thread/154886

I downloaded his script and looked at it in the editor. When I hover over the script I briefly see a window popping up where my mouse was. I identified this as mouse over function (I know of other programming environments) that should give me some relevant information, say the value of a variable.

But the moment that this window appears is very brief, so I cannot really decypher its content.

After your reply I had a look at scripts I created and there is no mouse over information.

I always found the Qlikview editor underwelming so I am very interested to learn how to get more out of it.

sunny_talwar

Andreas -

This is something new for me as well. I will take a look at that as well and see if I can figure something out.

Best,

Sunny