Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cache warmer?

Happy M-day, everyone in the USA.

So, I've notice one bit of thing that is helping the slow browsing issue.  When I open my dashboard from the browser, for the first time, it is slow.  using a different browser, later, turn out to be faster.

It reminds me of the MS product that, they have a way to load the data to be browse into memory.  Someone call that technique a cache warming; liked the data is cached and all warm-up ready to go.

is there anything liked that for QV11?

I have a App server, web server, and a Dist server, then clients.

29 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

I don't know if it's your case. But when I experience performance issue just in one browser the cause is very likely related to some debug tool still active (such as firebug or chrome inspector) JavaScript debugging is an heavy process which result in poor performance.

Not applicable
Author

good guess.

It is slow with IE and debug isn't running.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Are you using the "pre load" option at QMC? It enables QVS to load your qvw once it reloaded

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably noticed the effect of the aggregation cache in QV server.

This should be independent from the browser, so even when you are using the same browser and repeating selections, you should notice that the second time you do a selection, the results of the aggregations / expressions are shown much faster, that's because QV is indeed using a cache to store calculation results.

The QlikView Cache

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And something like this probably comes closest to your idea of a 'cache warmer':

Power Up your Big Apps with Binary Index Expansion • Blog • AfterSync

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Clever,

Haven't heard of this "pre load" option in QMC, is it something new? Where do I find it?

Regards

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

This feature will load your qvw into memory, but not pre aggregate and calculate any object

Capturar.PNG

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks, I guess I've never seen that feature before in the QMC. Does the preload works instantly after a reload?

Cheers

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can also find a lot of useful information about caching / RAM occupation and how the server handles new / inactive document sessions in this post and the referenced documents / white papers;

Re: RAM Usage in QlikviewServer