Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade of QV server version to QV 11.2 SR9

Hi,

We would like to upgrade our QV server but we can´t find any upgrades files on the QV website.

At the moment we have installed version 11.00.11282.0 SR1 and would likte to update to the lates QV 11 Version for the server installation.

Additional I am asking myself if there are any new licenses needed or if the upgrade is covered by the QV11 license?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,

Tobias

19 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You don' need any new licenses, but your Maintenance Fee's need to be up to date.  The link below can lead you to the downloads page.

http://us-d.demo.qlik.com/download/?_ga=1.8204087.40427230.1421174952

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Register yourself as a customer on the Qlik website, and the downloads page (probably only letting you download the latest Desktop) will become the full QlikView download inventory application with all QlikView Server releases to choose from.

If you are running v11, you can still upgrade to the latest SR (which is 11.20SR13). But to upgrade to QV12, you must have an active maintenance contract and paid your maintenance fees.

Peter

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peter,

I have upgraded the QV server from Version 11.2 SR9 to Version 12 SR2 by following all the upgrade steps and got successfully completed but finally noticed that my QMC is empty.

Please advise did I miss anything while upgrading the version moreover I have read your above comments

"If you are running v11, you can still upgrade to the latest SR (which is 11.20SR13). But to upgrade to QV12, you must have an active maintenance contract and paid your maintenance fees."

In my case can I able to upgrade from v11.2 SR9 to v12 SR2  or do I need to contact Qlik?

Anticipating your feedback towards this issue.

Thanks,

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is your upgraded QlikView environment still licensed?

You mentioned an "empty" QMC, but what does that look like? A blank page?

Peter

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hey,

First of all, Whenever new version released it automatically released. if not please change the settings like Automatic settings ..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay in getting back to you with my feedback.

We are using the partner license and all we have is 'EVALUATION' license with 5 User CAL's, as of now we are in the assumption that it will be licensed to upgraded version directly since we are only upgrading to the new version or do we need to do anything else to get the license for this upgraded version as well? please advise.

Yes it is a blank page and below are the screen shots for your reference.

QMC_Empty.PNG

QMC_Empty1.PNG

Thank you,

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Errr... this is weird. It seems that either QlikView hasn't been properly installed or that the QMS has lost track of almost everything.

The QMS has its own log files. What do they tell you? Any erorr messages in there? Check C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log and open the text file with the most recent date (today).

It may still be a licensing issue. But then your should see at least a couple of services with QVS having the "unlicensed" status.

Best,

Peter

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Here is the error message after checking the QMS log files:

20160531T000005.578+0530ErrorSystem.Exception: Failed to retrieve document list from the specified QVS ||    at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass248.<GetUserDocumentList>b__247() ||    at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.CacheItem`1.GetObject() ||    at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`1 createObjectFunc) ||    at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.GetUserDocumentList(Guid qvsID) ||    at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.Diagnostics.CacheDocumentAvailable()

Thank you,

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are the services running using different accounts?