Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incomplete Salesforce.com QVDs

I have been having issues getting a full download of some Salesforce data objects into QVDs using the salesforce.com connector.  If I connect directly to the data via the connector, I can replicate the results of reporting that resides in Salesforce.  However, if I instead create a QVD of the same information, using the same connector and credentials and a basic load script (no filters or limiting clauses in the script), I get an incomplete set of records.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

If you test this on a single table with a store command to store the data to QVD, is the row count for the number of rows in the QlikView table the same as the number of rows in the QVD?

Can you post a example script that shows this issue for a direct load into QlikView, and a QVD generator and subsequent QlikView load?

Can you check the QVD files using a tool like Q-Eye?

Not applicable
Author

Colin -

Thanks for the response.  See below for thoughts:

If you test this on a single table with a store command to store the data to QVD, is the row count for the number of rows in the QlikView table the same as the number of rows in the QVD?

* The row count differs.  The record set is incomplete in the QVD relative to direct load.

Can you post a example script that shows this issue for a direct load into QlikView, and a QVD generator and subsequent QlikView load?

* I should point out that I'm using Qlik Sense.  Otherwise, I am using identical load script in each case, with the sole exception of the Load source - in one case, I am using the Salesforce connector and resident object (with Select statement) to pull the data directly into my app, and in the other, I'm using the same script to store into a QVD, and then bringing that QVD into my app using an identical load statement.

Can you check the QVD files using a tool like Q-Eye?

* I don't have such a tool; I have been using the preview functionality for basic review prior to using the QVDs...