Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Section Access - Help

Hi,

I want to use the Section Access but do not know where to start, I have the attached
document, on here there is a field called AreaId, I want this to be limited based on what the
user has access to, for example

UserID AreaID
BobA 1235
BobA 1237
DavR 1236
DavR 1235
SimS See All

So UserID SimS can see all ther data on the document, how would I be able to do this?

Thanks

23 Replies
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel, That seems to work now! Thanks!

I have added users that are not in TableA to the following ACtrl.qvd by doing a CONCATENATE under the first SELECT, how do I make these users be able to View all of the data within the Document?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In order to get one user able to see all the records, you need first all possible values for your reduction field (AREAID) listed in the section access:

CONCATENATE LOAD * INLINE [ ACCESS, NTNAME, AREAID USER, DOMAIN\USER1, AAA USER, DOMAIN\USER2, BBB USER, DOMAIN\USER2, CCC USER, DOMAIN\USER3, * ];

In this case, User3 will be able to see all listed values (AAA, BBB, CCC). However, if the field AREAID has more values not listed in the section access, these will be reduced from the document, so the user will not see them. Say you add a new record with ZZZ as AREAID, and that you want USER3 to read it. You will have to add a new record to the table above (before the "*" line)

USER, DOMAIN\USER3, ZZZ

So again, any possible value that you want to be visible must be listed in the reduction field.

Hope that helps.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Miguel! It now works! For some reason though, the document does not run on the server, runs when I run it manually on the server, but if I kick it off via the Tasks it runs for a second then stops? Do I have to change something on the Reload page?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Ivan,

I'm glad to help.

And yes, you have to set an administrator account in the Reload tab in the QlikView Management Console. If you take a look at the bottom of the page, there you have a field for both user and password. These must be set as ADMIN in your section access, so the document reloads with all possible data.

Hope that helps.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel! Your a top man for your help so far! What would the login and the password be to put in?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Any user with ACCESS = ADMIN in your section access:

LOAD * INLINE [ACCESS, NTNAME, AREAID ADMIN, DOMAIN\ADMINACCOUNT, USER, DOMAIN\USER1, AAA... more users here];

User "DOMAIN\ADMINACCOUNT" (without quotes) should be set. AREAID is left blank on purpose. Make sure that this works reloading from Console.

Hope that helps.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So would I put my NTNAME in as Admin? What would the password be or do I leave that blank?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When you use NTNAME you needn't set password, as it takes the credentials from the computer and passes them to the server. When it comes to reloading with section access, I'd recommend you to first add the account the QlikView services are running under in the section access, then set this in the Console (DOMAIN\Username) without password.

That should work.

Regards.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel,

I get the list of users from a sql server table and store them into a qvd:

ACtrl:
SQL SELECT
'USER' as ACCESS,
UPPER(LTRIM(RTRIM(NETWORKID))) as NTNAME,
AREAID as AREAID
From TableA;

STORE ACtrlINTO C:\ACtrl.qvd (QVD);

drop table ACtrl;

The next tab within the document does the section access:

STAR IS *;
SECTION ACCESS;
Security:
LOAD [ACCESS],
NTNAME,
AREAID
FROM C:\ACtrl.qvd (qvd);
WHERE 1=1;

SECTION APPLICATION;

Is it where I am getting the list of users I would add a Concatenate and put my own name, as per below:

ACtrl:
SQL SELECT
'USER' as ACCESS,
UPPER(LTRIM(RTRIM(NETWORKID))) as NTNAME,
AREAID as AREAID
From TableA;

CONCATENATE

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, AREAID

ADMIN, IvanDr, ];

STORE ACtrlINTO C:\ACtrl.qvd (QVD);

drop table ACtrl;

What would I put as the AreaID?

Thanks

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel, How do I find out what account it is under?