Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

access control the number of apps displayed on access point

Hi,

I want to restrict the number of apps displayed on access point by users

I tried to set it up by named users and restarted the qlikview web service  but still i am able to see all applications even though for some applications i kept specific users only.

Any pointers over here.

Regards

Raj

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To hide a specific document in the AccessPoint for users that are not allowed to open it, you can do one of the following:

• If you are using Section Access, enable Settings->Document Properties->Server->Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access. Your document will only be shown to users that appear in the Section Access table.
  • If you have a Publisher, change the Task Distribution so that it only distributes to users that should be granted access. Amit Saini already explained this in detail Re: access control the number of apps displayed on access point.
  • If you are running an EE server in DMS mode (without Publisher) set correct Authorizations in the User Documents-> Authorization tab.
  • If you have none of the above, set NTFS rights for your document in Windows Explorer so that a user that isn't permitted to see/open addocument does not have Read-access to your document. All the others should have R/W permissions.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

You have to run the task , where you have added named users.

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Not sure why you have restarted QlikView service for this , not required!

Option 2:

Delete the application from Accesspoint folder on ur qlikview server , by doing this appliaction should not be appear or available to the users , if so add named users and run the task.

This time report is available to only named users , I hope you are adding here:

Thanks,

AS

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To hide a specific document in the AccessPoint for users that are not allowed to open it, you can do one of the following:

• If you are using Section Access, enable Settings->Document Properties->Server->Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access. Your document will only be shown to users that appear in the Section Access table.
  • If you have a Publisher, change the Task Distribution so that it only distributes to users that should be granted access. Amit Saini already explained this in detail Re: access control the number of apps displayed on access point.
  • If you are running an EE server in DMS mode (without Publisher) set correct Authorizations in the User Documents-> Authorization tab.
  • If you have none of the above, set NTFS rights for your document in Windows Explorer so that a user that isn't permitted to see/open addocument does not have Read-access to your document. All the others should have R/W permissions.

Best,

Peter