Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
implanet
Contributor III
Contributor III

installation issue?

Hi All,

After installating Qliksense desktop on a laptop, I wasnt able to start the application.

The log says : "Server Registration: Crash."

But the strange thing is if I logon under a different user session on the same laptop, I'm able to launch the application from the same .exe file.

Any help please?

5 Replies
implanet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Bump. Please any help would be appreciated.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Did u deleted all te related qliksense files ? if not do that and download latest and  install bak.  keep back up

implanet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did. I tried 2 versions 2.2.3 and 2.2.4, each time I deleted the files contains in c:\users\username\documents\qlik and c:\users\username\appdata\local\programs\qlik

.net framework version is 4.5.2

When I launch Qliksense, I can see an instance of Qliksense.exe in the tasks manager but nothing happens and the qliksensebrowser is not started.

implanet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is there a way to get a log file more verbosing?

I see the first launch of qliksense.exe should create 2 folders in the user temp directory : QlikSenseBrowser2.2.50501.0409.10 and QlikSenseBrowserCache

This doesnt happen for the faulty laptop, so this is related to the error given in the log "Server Registration: Crash."

Qliksense.exe is not able to create the browser directory which is strange because the user has the full read/write rights on his own temp folder.

implanet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok I found a solution :

Copy all the folders in the temp directory from another laptop which is working correctly and is running the same version.

Folders list to copy :

QlikSenseBrowserCache

Printing

SensePrinting2.2.50501.0409.10

DataPrepService2.2.50501.0409.10

QlikSenseBrowser2.2.50501.0409.10

MigrationService2.2.50501.0409.10