Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade of QV server version to QV 11.2 SR9

Hi,

We would like to upgrade our QV server but we can´t find any upgrades files on the QV website.

At the moment we have installed version 11.00.11282.0 SR1 and would likte to update to the lates QV 11 Version for the server installation.

Additional I am asking myself if there are any new licenses needed or if the upgrade is covered by the QV11 license?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,

Tobias

19 Replies
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

We are using only one account i.e. the admin account.

While checking our end this is what we have noticed. While  upgrading the server to v12 SR2 we have opted the "Full Installation, single machine with Qlikview Webserver" instead of  "Full Installation, single machine with  IIS"

as we know previously the server was used "Full Installation, single machine with  IIS". now is this issue we got because of this wrong selection while doing the upgrade? please advise

Upgrade.PNG

Thanks for your continuous support during this issue.

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I have no idea what could be causing this weird behavior. Usually, an upgrade uninstalls the components that you don't want anymore and installs those you didn't have before. However, AFAIK this only works reliably when running the setup program again or when performing an upgrade to another SR.

Best method to fix this is to make a copy of your data directory (D:\ProgramData\QlikTech), remove QV12 completely and reinstall from scratch. Afterwards and before restarting the services, you can restore parts of the old server setup (like the QVPR set-up). This may save you a lot of time.

Best,

Peter

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you Peter for your time, i will follow your advise and reinstall the server.

Will let you know if any.

Thanks again,

Nihal

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peter,

I would like to request some more advise regarding the process to uninstall v12 and reinstall qlikview server 11.2 SR9.

Shall I just follow your previous thread  https://community.qlikview.com/thread/168205

steps or in my case do I need to follow any other process prior to uninstall the v12 and reinstall 11

Please advise.

Thanks,

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I should say that running setup to simply uninstall v12 will be okay without all the other removal steps. QlikView may keep your license info. Be sure ti make a backup of the QVPR directory if it still contains tasks from the previous install.

Are you sure you want to downgrade? The best way is up

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you for the reply. For now we will downgrade it and later we will plan to upgrade again to v12, by following each and every step carefully.

The reason behind this downgrade is, we are preparing a POC document by upgrading the internal server from v11 to v12 but in this initial stage somehow it went wrong, so thought to do it again....

Thanks...

Nihal

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you Peter,

We have successfully completed downgrading the server back to 11.2.

Thanks a lot for your support and time on this issue.

Have a great day ahead...

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

My pleasure.

Enjoy QlikView and the Qlik Community.

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peter,

In my second attempt instead of upgrade I went with complete new installation.

I have completely shut down the existing server (server with license 11.2 SR9) and installed the QV 12 on a new server after successful completion when I verified the QMC; it is blank page again (same like my previous screen shots). No chance to enter my LEF details on QMC to activate it.

This time I don't have any error message in QMS log file. Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

Nihal

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peter,

Just let you know that we have identified the issue; the reason for the blank page was IE version.

Updated the current version to IE 11 and now the QMC is working fine.

Thanks,

Nihal