"Data de início" as DataI,

"Data limite" as DataF,

"Status Final" as Status,

Gestor as Champion,

"ID Status" as IDS

FROM [lib://BD (s-bria-qlikse01_ext-in)/GESTÃO DE METAS/Status Ações.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [BD])

I get the message: Garbage after statement

Anyone knows how to fix it or what could be causing it?

Thank you in advance.

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you attach the excel sheet from which you are loading you can make a copy delete all sensitive data put some sample data and send across...

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Ok, isaaclin, I'll try that, field by field (out of curiosity, that was portuguese!).

I wrote that code in my Qlik Sense Desktop and had no problems with it, it worked fine. When I adapted it for the browser version, the errors started. I hope that testing every field helps, thanks for the patience and support.

gompa786‌, I deleted the column "Título" from the database since it contains texts about the company' strategies. I don't think that will be a problem for your analysis though, since its content are things like "reduce the water consumption". The rest is attached.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, isaaclin, I'll try that, field by field (out of curiosity, that was portuguese!).

I wrote that code in my Qlik Sense Desktop and had no problems with it, it worked fine. When I adapted it for the browser version, the errors started. I hope that testing every field helps, thanks for the patience and support.

The Unknown Error persists when I test field by field. None of the rows worked

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mariana,

There is only one sheet i.e sheet0 in the excel I thought there were 2 should I go ahead and try with only one sheet..

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mariana,

Worked absolutely fine for me

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Script scree shot attached:

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also please find the QVF I have used in the attachment

Not applicable
Author

The other sheet is in a different Excel file, in the same folder.

Can I assume it's a communication problem with the folder, then? Does it make sense?

Since this folder is in a network shared with other employees of the company, maybe Qlik Sense is having problems with its path? I thought that wouldn't be the case since both Excel files are there and the first one works.

I'll check your QVF. Thank you so much.

isaaclin
Contributor III
Contributor III

I found my code has Biff in the connection. I can load the file with no problems.

LOAD

Status,

"Data de início",

"Data limite",

"Status Final",

Gestor,

"ID Status"

FROM [lib://Excel/Status Ações.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet0$);

and yours is ooxml, gompa786‌code is also showing Biff

not sure why? maybe this causes problem?  See my error when using ooxml

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Still no luck for me

Erro.PNG

As I said, in my Qlik Sense Desktop it worked. In the Browser version it won't. Maybe it's indeed something with the network, limitting Qlik Sense's access to the file through that path or something like that.