Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Header Auth Virtual Proxy is not working

Hi Every one,

I am trying to implementing the Header Auth virtual proxy Method, i am getting some error please help me.

this is the url i am using.

URL : https: <ServerName>/hdr/qrs/hub/hdr-usr=USERDIRECTORY/USERNAME

Thanks,

Ramarajan hicgwassenaarjagan

Header Auth Error.PNG

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

I have some users are in AD so they can Authenticate using Windows Authentication , some External user are in MySQL Server OR Excel file, these users I have loaded using ODBC now all the users are available in Users List .

The External users not Exist in Windows Environment. So using this Header authentication Dynamic User Directory we can pass the user directly to the Qlik Sense HUB.

I am doing As per your Document

"Qlik Sense 1.1 Set Up Header Auth Virtual Proxy ".

Not applicable
Author

how are you processing identity verification before header authentication?  Header auth is appropriate for reverse proxy scenarios.  You need to develop an identity verification solution for your mysql users and then integrate it with a Qlik auth scheme like ticketing to allow the validated users to access Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

How do we make this work for LDAP authenticatoin?

Thanks,

Sivaraj

Not applicable
Author

‌hi Jeffrey,

header auth is a appropriate reverse proxy

scenarios I am agree with this  i am trying to this only

to do this we don't want we don't want identity verification solution

i Think because we doing reverse process.

if anything I was understood wrongly please guide me.

thanks,

ramarajan m

Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

Thanks Levi I got it. Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Ramarajan M.

mbj
Employee
Employee

Hi,

on http://integration.qlik.com I also created a complete website dedicated on embedding Qlik Sense. In the slide generator you will find more info on header authentication.

mbj
Employee
Employee

architecture - reverse proxy.pngQPS - header auth virtual proxy settings 2.pngHi,

Yes if you already have an authentication reverse proxy, then you can use Qlik Sense with header authentication.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Levi,

I did the same what you suggested and marked as correct answer but I am getting an error:

HeaderAuth.PNG

My Header Auth virtual proxy config:

Header1.PNG

Hub is loading, stream and apps too but when I am opening the app I am getting error: Not connected.

Please help me to fix it

Thanks,
Rohit

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

What are you using to inject the headers?

In the past 2 years, I've switched to using this ModHeader - Chrome Web Store

I've found there are issues with injecting the header to the websocket for other browsers / tools.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

My internet browser is google chrome and I am using Modify Header Value (HTTP Headers) to inject header.

Modify header.PNG

See my hub is loading fine, I can view the apps but when I click on app and open it, then error message comes.