Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik accepoint on internet

Hi All,

We are planning to move access point URL on public IP, so that users can access the URL through internet. But before that, I wanted make some things clear. After moving URL to public domain, Would I still have section access or Active directory authentication? and if not then what are the steps to do it for public IP. What kind of authentication and authorization we can have for public IP?

bbtswuehlgwassenaarpcammaert stevedarkhicrbecherpetter-s

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

An easier then this might be to make the external users to internal users per VPN otherwise see: How to set up Access Point for Internet Users?

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Chang,

Why are you using Names.

You don;t want to reply from others.. That is not the correct way. Just ask the question and everyone can reply you or else if some one know about the problem. So, They don't want to reply..

I Apologize to mention here...!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Chang,

This is done a lot and "Yes" it should allow the user to login. If you want to see it working got to

http://qvtest.net/qlikview

user= user1

password= user1

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

look into this,

i hope you need to have a qlikview extra net server,

Extranet Server - Pros / Cons / Best practices?

PFA,

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Bill,

is the QlikView server at this URL available all the time or just for this discussion? I cannot reach that server...

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

but is it allowing using section access or Active directory?