Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Coloring Text

Please how do I color my text like the code below.

if(Sum(Actual) >= Sum(Target) ,

Red(FILLED UP), Green(NOT FULL)
)

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

This works if the outcome of your expression is a value. My outcome in this case is Text not integer/value.

Not applicable
Author

Try using this extension.

You can change your title colour as well as its background colour based on some expression.

GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-themable-kpi-tile: Qlik Sense Extension: KPI Tile with the ability to u...

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Rohan

Colin-Albert

Can you use  dual in your KPI expression?

Something like   if(Sum(Actual) >= Sum(Target) , dual('Green', 1), dual('Red', 0)

This will allow you to use a conditional colour as the expression result is numeric, but will display the text Green or Red

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Can you share your expression I have used the Text & Image to change the colour of the text as well as measure..

screen shot below:

Not applicable
Author

Look at my code segment again:

if(Sum(Actual) >= Sum(Target) ,

Red(FILLED UP), Green(NOT FULL)
)

If Actual >= show Text FILLED UP in (Red color);

If Target > show Text NOT FULL in (Green color)

Colin-Albert

You just need to interpret the answers given here.  Its only changing the text on the dual expressions.

Try this        if(Sum(Actual) >= Sum(Target) , dual('FILLED UP', 1), dual('NOT FULL', 0) )

Then alter the Conditional Colours on your KPI object for the upper and lower limit.

SenseConditionalColour2.PNG

Not applicable
Author

No Colin. I tried this previously. See what am talking about in screenshot. My expression passes Text as output not integer. Sense flags Text output on conditional colors as error

AA.JPG

Colin-Albert

You are right, the KPI object will only display the numeric value of a dual field.

You can show text in a KPI object, but if the field is dual only the numeric part is displayed/

I have tried a chart with a measure and no dimensions but Sense will not display the object unless a dummy dimension is added.

It looks like you will need an extension object to achieve your requirement or perhaps Sense 3.0 will have this functionality?

Colin-Albert

This extension may work for you. I have not used it myself.

Editable TextBox    Qlik Branch