Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error connection DSN ODBC connection in Qlik sense.

Good morning,

Our need is to create an ODBC Data Source that points to an Oracle DB (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition: Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit).

The DSN thus created must then be used in a new connection in Sense.

We  installed on Sense Server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit) Instantclient_ODBC (and Instantclient_basic prerequisite for ODBC) 11.2.0.1.0 64-bit version (the latest is the 11.2.0.4.0 but on Server returned error code 14001 and on the internet we found that the resolution to the problem was to install the older version).

We have created an ODBC Data Source on Oracle DB using the installed drivers. The connectivity test was positive

Using the ODBC souce thus created, in Sense the new connection has returned the following error

"The user does not have access to the data source"

We repeated the same situation locally on a client PC (Windows 7 Enterpise 64-bit) and Sense Desktop connection was created successfully (so the problem is definitely not in the compatibility of the version of the driver installed with the release of the DB) .

The problem is not related to communication problems between Server and DB because with sqldeveloper, installed on the server, we can reach  without problems the DB and see / query all the tables of interest scheme.

How we can correct the problem?

Thank you!

Anna Maria

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you test the connection using the account name that is running Sense server? It is possible that this account does not have access to the database.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

The account name that is running Sense Server, user qlik, isn’t the same for the Oracle Db’s instance. So really this account doesn’t have access to the database. But we suppose that it shouldn’t be the problem. In fact generally we can create a connection using different credential from Sense credential. We have already created an ODBC Data Source on DB2 DB where the user isn’t user qlik and it works correctely.

Thank you. 

ksmccann
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I had this issue and it turned out to be a driver compatibility issue. I had defined a 64 bit DSN but the reference was to a 32 bit DLL in the drivers. I had to download the 64 bit driver and after that the error went away. So check your DSN and Driver to ensure they are both 32 or 64 bit. I was able to test the connection fine, the error only appeared in Sense when I tried to create a connection. Hope this helps.

scw
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you let us know if you found a solution for this or if any of the below responses helped?