Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

C Drive Size

Hi Community,

I have a Server installed QMC and its showing as C Drive 90% full when we open MyComputer. But, If I Open C Drive and select all files including hidden, its accounting to only 50% of the space, I am confused of what is occupying rest 40% ?

are we reserving any space while installing QMC, so that is showing 90% full in my Computer ?

Need help here. am confused.

Regards,

Bob

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Drive C reserves space for system files, page files and other Windows related services.

These files are not exibited when you select all files and show properties

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is an easy method to figure out where this large part of your disk has gone.

On your server, open Windows/File Explorer, display the root directory of the C: drive, open (Folder) Options from the menu (in a different location on Win Srvr 2K8 and 2K12), navigate to the View tab and in Advanced Settings select "Show hidden files, folder and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Some very big files will appear in the file/folder list.

Be careful with this view. Do not delete any of the large hidden files. After checking out the various hidden files, restore the check boxes to their original settings.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anjos, are we reserving any such space for QMC.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QlikView Management Console is a web page, assembled and delivered by a QlikView service. It's not even a program or an application. So what do you mean?

The QlikView software takes some space on your hard drive, and if you use a Publisher it may generate a substantial amount of log files (depending on your schedule frequency). What may or may not take a lot of disk space is your document framework (QVWs, QVDs etc.) and if you use the standard location (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents) then all bytes are allocated on the C: drive.

To know for sure what space an operational QlikView server takes up, rightmouseclick the following two directories on your C: drive and have a look at the Properties...

C:\Program Files\QlikView

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

The last one is hidden by deault, so you may have to use my earlier explanation to make it visible. Or simply copy the path in the address bar of Windows Explorer and press Enter.

Best,

Peter