Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access/Application: ISSUES

Greetings!

Another topic concerning Section Access...

1st Issue: I have created a XLS file to store the users informations, and do Load it in the SA... everything runs fine, 'till I try to deny everything just for users... my ADMIN user suffers all alterations done to USERS.

2nd Issue: I tried to link the USERIDs from the security table to my Salesmen field in the report, as well, unsuccesfuly. When the user log in the app, it only must be able to see the info related to it, as if a selection was made and locked, forbidding it to see any info about other salesmen.

My code to do that, so far, is something like it:

//SECTION ACCESS & APPLICATION

Section Access;

AccessPermit:
LOAD
ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD,[GROUP],AREA
FROM security.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is Users$);

LEFT JOIN (AccessPermit)
LOAD
USERID,
SALESMAN
AS SalesManAppField
FROM security.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is UserInfo$);

Section Application;
STAR IS *;

I ran through the refference manual, my QV course matterial, other threads, google, and no answer was found.

Any light?

Thx again everyone!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For the first issue : have you check the "Admin Override Security" in the security tab ?

For the second : have you check "Initial Reduction..." in the opening tab ?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For the first issue : have you check the "Admin Override Security" in the security tab ?

For the second : have you check "Initial Reduction..." in the opening tab ?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I see 2 issues:

1. SALESMAN AS SalesManAppField - Section Access can only work with Upper Case Field Names.

2. The link between the "Security" fields to the "Application" fields needs to happen within Section Application. Something like this:

Section Access;
AccessPermit:
LOAD
ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD,[GROUP],AREA
FROM security.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is Users$);

LEFT JOIN (AccessPermit)
LOAD
USERID,
SALESMAN

FROM security.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is UserInfo$);
Section Application;
STAR IS *;

LOAD
SalesManAppField,
SalesManAppField as SALESMAN
FROM .....

Not applicable
Author

Renaud, thanx for answering!

Great tips! They worked just fine!

I'm checking Oleg's answer now... if you're both right (you always are...), my problems are solved!

Thxx again!!!

Not applicable
Author

Oleg,

NAILED AGAIN!

Worked perfectly, thank you so much!!!

Not applicable
Author

Oleg,

After I implemented this solution in the app, I have been ordered to enhance it...

Now, when a user that is a MANAGER of a subset of salesmen logins in, it must see only data related to its "team"...

I tried creating a MANAGER field in the .XLS file that holds the security information, but with no success at first...

Have you or anyone following this post ever stepped upon something like it?

Thx again!!!

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thiago,

You can add another field, MANAGER, and create another corresponding field in your application - for example, SalesManager. Build an association between SalesManagers and Sales People (reading from Excel, for example). For those users that are Managers, fill out their MANAGER field. Then, associate MANAGER field from Section Access with the SalesManager field from your application, and it should work in the same way.

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Oleg, thanx for answering!

Let me check if I got this right...

"You can add another field, MANAGER, and create another corresponding field in your application"

My excel file have two sheets (tables) to control de access so far...
USER (Access, UserID, Password) and USERINFO (UserID, Salesmen). The Salesmen is my common field with the app (just like MANAGER must become), and made it work perfectly according to the first proposal.

"Build an association between SalesManagers and Sales People". For those users that are Managers, fill out their MANAGER field. Then, associate MANAGER field from Section Access with the SalesManager field from your application, and it should work in the same way."

That's the 1 million dollar question... I don't see in which table (USER or USERINFO) the MANAGER field must be created, how must I fill it (with the managers names, or with BOOL values), and how may I create it in the app (add it to the excel file, or bring it INLINE within the app)... the Salesmen field used previously was already in the app, making everything easier at first.

I'm trying things out like you have told, but I would very much appreciate another look of yours into this matter.

Thank you so much once again!