Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cash Flows-positive and negative amounts

I have a cash flow table with positve and negative data in the amount field. Does this type of data require special handling. I seem to loose data when I list it if the record has a positive and negative amount for the same time period.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to create 3 totals, Total Cash Flows, Cash In and Cash Out.

SUM[CF Amount] works for the total but

SUM([CF Amount]>0) for the amount In and SUM([CF Amount] <0) for the amount Out brings back numbers too small to be correct.

I feel my expression is incorrect but can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I find the syntax of Qlikview very hard to figure out and I am unable to find documentation to help. I would appreciate any suggestions of where I might go to get some instruction.

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm guessing, I think what you mean for "In" is the sum of values in field [CF Amount] when they are equal to or greater than zero, something like

Sum({< [CF Amount] = {'>=0'} >} [CF Amount])

Similar with "Out":

Sum({< [CF Amount] = {'<0'} >} [CF Amount])

Is this what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I think it is. I was trying to figure that out. and I was trying to do what you outlined but the documentation I could find was very hard to make out the correct way to do it.

Can you recommend a manual of or book to help.

Once again thanks for your help

Not applicable
Author

Worked Perfectly. Thanks alot. Appreciate the help

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In my pivot table I have one column with positive as well as Negative values and I am showing Total at the top which is coming 686 but I want it should show me only total of positive values means it should show me 732. When I make my negative values "0" by expression then it shows me the result but I want to display my negative values too.....

Can you suggest me how I ge this result?

Regards,

Yojas