Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III

Macros & Ajax

We've recently had to revert to using Ajax rather than the IE Plugin and this has meant that a number of Macros I've designed to ease end users abilities to export data from my reports both into Excel and Outlook no longer work.  We don't have NPrinting at the moment so is there any other way to restore this functionality?

Can the inbuilt reporting tool loop through a list box, selecting for example one account at a time and export to excel saving the file as the account name?  Or export a jpg of a report into Outlook?  Thanks for any advice you can give.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dmac1971, macros do not work on Ajax environment.

You can execute your app with an Desktop and batch command to launch your macros.

Regards.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Why have you had to revert to AJAX?

Andy

dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for replies guys.  A number of reports on the server will no longer function with a recently installed update.  Unfortunately I don't know any more than that, there was a blog post here acknowledging the problem so the team who admin our server made the decision to remove the IE Plugin.  We don't have NPrint at the moment, maybe its time to lean on a few peeps to see if we can get it for the business.

dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Manuel,

Thanks for reply, this would mean me having to do the work.  The macros, though rudimentary, did an excellent job of automating extracting data from QV for the end users, and meant I didn't have to be involved.

Dermot

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Sounds like it to me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dmac1971,

Then, there is no way, you need purchase Nprinting.

Kind regards.

dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks all!!!