Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP - RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER Error While extracting Data from SAP

Hi All,

We are getting RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER error while Extracting the Data from SAP.

Please see the details of the same in the below section

This is regarding the SAP Transprt error & we are not able to extract data from SAP as it is throwing error & need your suggestions/recommendation to resolve the same.
Following are the Steps done by us over here
  1. First We have imported the Transport Files for SAP Connector Ver5.5 but all the objects were not imported hence the status of the import was "Import running (IN SAP System)" & we were also not able to find the QTQVCACCESS role in the Role tab.
  2. I have attached the Screen shot (1.jpg to 5.jpg) which gives the Explanation of the objects got imported & rest were not getting imported.
  3. I have also attached the screen shot of the SAP Version Details for your reference.
Next Step
    • Installed QlikView Developer 10.0 SR1 Version.
    • Later we have removed the 5.5 Transport files from the SAP Basis system & tried with SAP Con 5.2 Ver.
    • Here the Import of Transport Files was successful (Pasted "QT2K900175 & QT2R900175" in cofiles Folder & "QT2K900101 & QT2K900101" in data folder of SAP)
  1. Installed the SAP Connector Ver5.2 successfully
  2. We have Followed all the Steps as per the Installation Document (for Version 5.2).
  3. When we tried to test if SAP Connector & the Transport Files are imported perfectly or not, We tried the T-Code /n/QTQVC/SQL but it has thrown the error as the "Function is not availiable" in SAP (Tried this by Logging into the new user created for QlikView by BASIS Team).
  4. Next i tired creating a Connection String which was sucessfull but when i hit the "SELECT" button in the QlikView ETL Script the Whole Application was hanged & not displaying the Tables List.
    • I also tried creating a SQL Statemenmt as "SQL SELECT * FROM KNA1; but gave me a error as Attached "RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER".
    • Included Log File for the same

I have also given the LOG File for all your reference[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/27/7002.Screen-Shots-SAP-Errors.rar:550:0]

I need support from you all in this.

Rgds,

Srini

13 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Dear srini,

pls check after assigning 100% role to qlikview ID through you are extracting data.

if it is extracting then there is issue in authorization.

Are you trnasported file in proper sequence ?.

I am unable to open attachment of screenshot .

Regards

Sunil Jain

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I have added both QTQVCACCESS & the QTQVCADMIN Role to this user "qlik"

First of all i am not able to test the SQL Statement from T-Code /n/QTQVC/SQL

The moment i hit this T-Code, M gettign error as "This function is not possible"

I am attaching the screenshots again for your reference[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/27/3005.Screen-Shots-SAP-Errors.rar:550:0]

Rgds,

Srini

suniljain
Master
Master

pls assign SAP ALL role to qlik ID for testing

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

We have another SAP user & gave the QTQVCACCESS Role to him & then i tried the T-Code "/n/QTQVC/SQL" by logging in to this SAP Super User who has all the rights, but still i am getting the same error as "This function does not Exists"

Rgds,

Srini

suniljain
Master
Master

The meaning of the error "This function does not Exists" is that /n/QTQVC/SQL is unknown for SAP.

This TCode is created from Transport file . So Tranport file is Tranposted in sequence.

Not applicable
Author

And Also Check to SM01 tcode for /n/QTQVC/SQL tcode is created or not. bcz that is automatically created by transport files in sequence

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have also added SAP_ALL role to this user but still i am gettingthe same error.

SM01 is used for Unlocking/Locking a T-Code but nothing to do with this.

But this is anyhow not in the list.

Srini

suniljain
Master
Master

Can I Know sequence of transported file ?. I must be in Sequence like

1) Data Extraction

2) User profile

suniljain
Master
Master

1) E6DK900085 (Data extraction)