Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense Desktop as Service

Hi,

Does installing QlikSense as a service actually work?

I found this (Run QlikSense Desktop in background) asking the exact same question but it was never answered.

I used the above as a guide and can see it installs a Service but i can't interact with it via the SDK (VB .NET).

Everything I've tried requires the QlikSense.exe to be running.

Thanks in advance...

Shayne

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I doubt you can actually run it as a service.  Yes you have access to the apis and can create mashups, integrations, use the sdks, but if you are trying to scale the desktop client it's not designed to do that.

With that out of the way, what is the problem you are trying to solve by attempting to run the Qlik Sense desktop as a service?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please notice that Qlik Sense Desktop is an evaluation product. It offer full functionality without a license fee, so that you can evaluate the capabilities of Qlik Sense. The Qlik Sense Desktop will expire when the next feature releases is available, meaning that you have to upgrade it on regular interval. It is not a supported scenario to run Qlik Sense Desktop as a service.

For proof of concept or expanding testing of the product, the recommendation is that you get in touch with Qlik sales representatives in order to get a proper evaluation license. This will enable you to try Qlik Sense Enterprise as a proper server service. Please contact Qlik Qoncierge for more details on how to get in contact with your local sales team.