Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NSQ files in Nprinting 17

Hi!

We have several NSQ files that we use for distributing reports in Nprining 16. We would like to run Nprinting 17 but there seems to be no backward compability with NSQ files from V16?  Or specificly, the release notes say that NP16 NSQ files are not supported by the new designer. But what about the server? Can we still use our old NSQ files in the new server version? Or do we need to remake all our reports and templates from scratch when upgradeing to NP 17?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Gustav -

As of now, you can only import templates from NPrinting 16 into NPrinting 17. All other entities will need to be recreated in the new version.

Here is a video showing how to export a template from v16 into v17: Import report templates in QlikView NPrinting - YouTube

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Gustav -

As of now, you can only import templates from NPrinting 16 into NPrinting 17. All other entities will need to be recreated in the new version.

Here is a video showing how to export a template from v16 into v17: Import report templates in QlikView NPrinting - YouTube

Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

I started using Npriting 17 just recently. There one thing that I am having difficulties to understand... Does Nprinting 17 still using NSQs. On the designer (on the web browser) we create apps, but I was thinking that Nprinting would create any NSQ file in the local PC where Nprinting was installed.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen_Jasionowski

There are no longer .nsqs for NPrinting 17. The apps are stored in a postgres repository that sits on the server.

Development locally is for template authoring only. The templates are then saved to the server.