Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make all my bar chart same height , so that i can view the % changes over the year

Hi All

mY cHART 1 now is correct , but i am not able to make the bar all same height.

Hope some one can advise me.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi paul,

Look at this:

Regards!

View solution in original post

28 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my QV Doc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi paul,

Look at this:

Regards!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Paul,

Might be o/p data is different so that if o/p came like that.

It's depends on the Year wise o/p

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Manual

Thank you very much , it work .

I notice you create a expression below for display rEVENUE amount :-

Dual(Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1),Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1)

/

(Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1)+Sum({<eXP={"eXP"}>}Amount*-1)))

May i know what it the above expression does ? i mean what does the Dual do to the whole expression ?  pls share with me.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

I don't understand what you try to tell me ? By the way Manuel solution work fine for me , just that i don't understand the expression , and how he make it work.

Paul

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Paul,

Time G_D.

I want to know one thing. When ever mouse over goes to the Chart 1 some pop-up came right.

So do you know how to increase that pop up font size, If you know can you please let me know where i need to change the font size of that Pop Up

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Manuel

After success in create the stack chart in QV , i try to do the same for QS.

Chart 1 work fine . Now it display eXP % , I like to make it stack chart , which display rEVENUE and eXP in one bar , total amount add up equal to 100%.

I try to create chart 2 , using the same approach, but it does not work.

Hope some one can advise me,

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Dual function has two parameters, text and num, Dual(Text,Num). It shows the text on chart, but gives the value to the bar.

Dual(Amount value,% of Amount respect Sum(Amount+Exp))

On Qlik help:

dual( s , x )

Forced association of an arbitrary string representation s with a given number representation x. In QlikView, when several data items read into one field have different string representations but the same valid number representation, they will all share the first string representation encountered. This function can be used in scripts and chart expressions.

In scripting, the dual function is typically used early in the script, before other data is read into the field concerned, in order to create that first string representation, which will be shown in list boxes etc.

Note!
If a dual value is too large to fit in a field object, it will be represented by ## and not truncated with ... like a string.

Regards.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

You can click on the chart property , and click on Fonts Tab , and go to right size top and change the fonts size from 12 to 20 , it will increase the fonts size.

Paul