Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection between sheets is not staying consistent

Hello,

I am using QlikView 9. I have a sheet in my application that I copied (list boxes and graphs) to another sheet. A list box on my first sheet is Month. When I select Jan, then switch to sheet 2, jan is not selected automatically as well. I would like for it to be selected also based on what the user selects from the first sheet. How do I make my selections consistent between the two sheets? I assumed since I copied sheet 1 and made sheet 2, it would automatically work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

nmellick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

But thats the normal functionality of QV and you dont have to do anything differently as far as I know. If you copy a sheet and paste, then you have have the same selections on either of the sheets. Can you try creating a new file and then test it? Just close everything and try as this is strange. Please let us know what went wrong.

ANDY

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

But thats the normal functionality of QV and you dont have to do anything differently as far as I know. If you copy a sheet and paste, then you have have the same selections on either of the sheets. Can you try creating a new file and then test it? Just close everything and try as this is strange. Please let us know what went wrong.

ANDY

Not applicable
Author

Hello Also check if there are any triggers on the sheet. Right click on sheet ->Properties -> and check if there are any triggers on Activate Sheet.

Not applicable
Author

I checked the first sheet that I was copying, and there is one trigger named Apply Bookmark and here's the code for it:

=if('$(vRequiresAttention)' = 'View Requires Attention', 'BM65', 'BM64')

This is for the OnActivate Sheet. There is nothing for OnLeaveSheet

Not applicable
Author

I did a quick test on a new file and it works fine as expected. The original is a template that I've been using that was created for us by QlikView consultants. There must be something wrong with the template. I'll have to re-create the entire app, but at least you helped me find the problem. Thanks for all your help!

nmellick

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But if the new sheet is a copy, most likely you have this trigger on activating this new sheet as well.