Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkellepie
Partner - Contributor III

Error in QVW - SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: QVW NAME ObjectId: , Expr(0)

Hi,

everytime i open an Special qvw i got the following message in Windows Eventlog

Event ID: 300

SE_LOG: Expression Error. Doc: QVWNAME.QVW, ObjectId: , Expr(0)

The QVW works fine and there are no Problems. But there is the eventlog entry. How can i check where the error occurs? There is no ObjectId specified in eventlog entry. So i assume a General error in formula list or variable list. Or perhaps in properties of a sheet. I checked all Sheets and the variable list. But there is no highlighted error.

Did anybody know how i can check if a qvw contains General Errors?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

We use QV 11.2 SR 12

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
onkellepie
Author

We solve the Problem. The Problem was a deleted object in qvw.

We use -prj Folders with TFS for source control. So we delete the qvw, create a new one and named it like the deleted qvw. Then we open this qvw and save it again. The error never occured again.

if you did not have a -prj folder you must create it before deleting. You only create a new folder with name of your qvw and the extension "-prj". i.e. Your qvw is called "MyTest.qvw" you create a new Folder "MyTest-prj". When you open myTest.qvw and save it, you have many files in "prj" folder.

Thanks Community for your help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in SR13 with a setting to turn the error off.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
onkellepie
Author

Hi Chanty,

thanks for your Response. But the error occurs when i open the qvw in accesspoint, not when i reload the qvw. 

onkellepie
Author

Hi Bill,

i dont want to turn the error off. I want to fix the error. Is there any possibilty to find the point where the error occurs?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's a tricky one, and as far as I know there is no easy detection method.

The most probable cause for this error is that a field that is used in one of the expressions has disappeared, been renamed or its name has been mispelled. So I would advise to check all expressions that are not used in objects for wrong field names. For example, did you define any document level triggers that aren't used anymore? Do they carry expressions?

Best,

Peter

onkellepie
Author

We solve the Problem. The Problem was a deleted object in qvw.

We use -prj Folders with TFS for source control. So we delete the qvw, create a new one and named it like the deleted qvw. Then we open this qvw and save it again. The error never occured again.

if you did not have a -prj folder you must create it before deleting. You only create a new folder with name of your qvw and the extension "-prj". i.e. Your qvw is called "MyTest.qvw" you create a new Folder "MyTest-prj". When you open myTest.qvw and save it, you have many files in "prj" folder.

Thanks Community for your help!